Author Topic: Episode 38  (Read 6008 times)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Episode 38
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
Hi Guys,

Good episode. This one is near and dear to my heart. I'm trying to get this level of immersion through useof NPCs. I try to make everyone that the PC's encounter a "real" person with a name and at least a few personality traits. Then I add that name to my wiki page of all the NPCs. http://ethansdndgame.pbworks.com/Dramatis-Personae Not everyone of them is important, and some may not be encountered again, but at least they are there to add xome flavor. I find this to be rewarding, even though it can take some upkeep.

Ethan

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Episode 38
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
I like that you have the dead guys listed in red. Including the Undead. Are you running Ravenloft?

I liked the episode. It got really weird towards the end with the sudden pauses and snipets of quiet during story time.

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:55 PM »
Hi,

Yeah, they just finished Ravenloft. Took 16 sessions to complete! I keep session logs on the wiki as well http://ethansdndgame.pbworks.com/ We only play every other week and have at times gone more than a month between session where one or another of us got busy. The logs help to refresh everyone of where we are. Again, it takes some time to do, but is fun!

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
 38 was a good one

I like it when the GM has some substance to the game but I do hate it when I stops the game from progressing.
When I ran a 3.5 game I created a-lot of possible npcs but just a small backstory for each so if they used them
I could ad-lib the rest it was a good game and everyone had a good time.
Kenders Rock