Author Topic: Everyone Betrays Me!: The Room Tribute Thread  (Read 116474 times)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
Re: Everyone Betrays Me!: The Room Tribute Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this movie.  just don't understand how you can all love it so much. I first saw it on Adult Swim when instead of my normal saturday night anime, they played this. Over, and over, and over again. Drove m crazy. But I kept it on thinking they would play my shows, but they did not.

Why do you hate this movie? Please explain.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
All you have to remember when you run across a flaw in the movie (not that there are many...), is 'dont worry about it'.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »
All you have to remember when you run across a flaw in the movie (not that there are many...), is 'dont worry about it'.

And frequently, we don't want to talk about it.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Yoba

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Inspired without a muse
    • View Profile
    • Role Play Rascality
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this movie.  just don't understand how you can all love it so much. I first saw it on Adult Swim when instead of my normal saturday night anime, they played this. Over, and over, and over again. Drove m crazy. But I kept it on thinking they would play my shows, but they did not.

(Keep in mind I haven't seen it in forever so I"m doing the best with what I can) The characters are so unlikable to me. And most of the writing is bad, like they wrote a world where everyone openly has some sort of disorder, and they all think nothing of it (with Tommy's character I think I heard that he sort of does have one? But it's not really explained in the movie and so he just comes off as this 100% socially accepted guy that everyone loves, regardless of his what I think come off as obvious issues.) It also feels like the movie drags on for a long time. I'm sure that's what they might have been going for, with a movie entitled The Room, it's not too hard to guess they might being trying to go for a claustrophobic(I think that's the term I'm looking for) type feeling. Reminds me a lot of this story I read in english about this yellow room. Something to do with the girl going insane from being in it for a long time. But it isn't too relevant. But I just hate the feeling it gives off. I also feel like the plot changed a lot fast. Well I mean like the couple were perfectly fine and out of no where Lisa just does a 180 and goes batshit insane, causing Tommy to go batshit insane.

I guess I just can't seem to appreciate it as a bad movie as much as you guys can, I am unable to humor it, ultimately learning to love it for what it is. I just had a way different experience watching that movie.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
Watch it with the RiffTrax, some liquor and a few friends.  You will gain new appreciation for it.

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
Watch it with the RiffTrax, some liquor and a few friends.  You will gain new appreciation for it.

Seconded. Make it into a drinking game. Don't over think this movie.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »

(Keep in mind I haven't seen it in forever so I"m doing the best with what I can) The characters are so unlikable to me. And most of the writing is bad, like they wrote a world where everyone openly has some sort of disorder, and they all think nothing of it (with Tommy's character I think I heard that he sort of does have one? But it's not really explained in the movie and so he just comes off as this 100% socially accepted guy that everyone loves, regardless of his what I think come off as obvious issues.) It also feels like the movie drags on for a long time. I'm sure that's what they might have been going for, with a movie entitled The Room, it's not too hard to guess they might being trying to go for a claustrophobic(I think that's the term I'm looking for) type feeling. Reminds me a lot of this story I read in english about this yellow room. Something to do with the girl going insane from being in it for a long time. But it isn't too relevant. But I just hate the feeling it gives off. I also feel like the plot changed a lot fast. Well I mean like the couple were perfectly fine and out of no where Lisa just does a 180 and goes batshit insane, causing Tommy to go batshit insane.

I guess I just can't seem to appreciate it as a bad movie as much as you guys can, I am unable to humor it, ultimately learning to love it for what it is. I just had a way different experience watching that movie.

The translation of this is:  He's the only one who managed to pass the San check associated with watching the film...

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »

The translation of this is:  He's the only one who managed to pass the San check associated with watching the film...

To be honest, I hate the film. On the other hand, I love making fun of the film, so it grows on you like a mold or perhaps infects you like a militarized prion that slowly destroys your brain.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »
To be honest, I don't think I could ever hate or love this movie.  After 3 or 4 viewings, I still can't seem to wrap my mind around it or make sense (I was literally speechless following the first viewing).  That said, I absolutely love some of the dialogue and find it amusing that pretty much every line is quotable...

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »

A friend of mine's fan art.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
I'm crying tears of joy, Darksaw.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
The guy who composed the music from the Room is on American Idol this season!

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/422356/get-a-room-idol-contestant-clint-jun-gamboas-cult-movie-past/

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o

This part can't be embedded, but it's even better.

"The Room is The Room."
Genius.

Edit: Found the second video.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:32:56 PM by +1 Hat »

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
It has "layers upon layers" according to Wiseau...