Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 705653 times)

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
I just uploaded a file.  It is called RPPR-CP-4E-DnD-Storms-Of-War-Game01.mp3.  It is the beginning of the Goodman Games Sellswords of Punjar module.  The players are 3rd level and we had a new player joining the group, so we spend a good bit of time in the beginning with character introductions and campaign backstory.  Normally our group is 5 people, but we have had a little attrition and are just adding some extras.  One of our players ended up having to work late, so we only have 3 for this session.  He is a waiter and Morris Day sat down at his table about an hour before he was to get off.  Morris was dropping a good bit of money, so he didn't want to leave such a good tip to go play DnD.  I guess we will hear how good a tipper Morris was next week.
We have a tendency to stray from the game frequently and think we are a lot funnier than we are, so apologies in advance.  It is about 4 hours long and my first attempt at recording.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:42 AM »
I just uploaded a file.  It is called RPPR-CP-4E-DnD-Storms-Of-War-Game01.mp3.  It is the beginning of the Goodman Games Sellswords of Punjar module.  The players are 3rd level and we had a new player joining the group, so we spend a good bit of time in the beginning with character introductions and campaign backstory.  Normally our group is 5 people, but we have had a little attrition and are just adding some extras.  One of our players ended up having to work late, so we only have 3 for this session.  He is a waiter and Morris Day sat down at his table about an hour before he was to get off.  Morris was dropping a good bit of money, so he didn't want to leave such a good tip to go play DnD.  I guess we will hear how good a tipper Morris was next week.
We have a tendency to stray from the game frequently and think we are a lot funnier than we are, so apologies in advance.  It is about 4 hours long and my first attempt at recording.

I'll take a listen to this tomorrow.  Ross, have files been moved/should I make a write up?  I've got a third file to upload at some point and would love to help see this project off the ground, so if you need any help with it or anything I would be more than happy to help out, just send me a PM or something.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2010, 01:48:59 AM »
argh no

I'll do some this weekend

list the files to move over

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:02 AM »
RPPR-CP-4E-DnD-Plague-of-War-Game1.mp3 has been "okayed" by someone, the second game is pretty much the same, but I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about it yet...

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 01:20:44 PM »

Downloaded both, haven't listened to them yet. I shall go rectify that right now while making and eating food :)

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 01:38:13 PM »
About halfway through ristarr's, sounds good so far (I assume we're pretty much just checking general quality and making sure it is not too offensive, using the RPPR APs as reference?).

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »
Too offensive?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
Too offensive?

I assume he means if someone thinks of something "worse" than frog snatch then we have to give them a medal.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »
Too offensive?

The limits are prob the N-bomb and other slurs that are degrading.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
To paraphrase Potter Stewart, offensive may be hard to define, but I know it when I see it.   

I would think almost any common obscenity would be fine ( up to and including frog snatch ).  Anything "mean-spirited" or degrading should be prohibited.  I think most of the posters here have a very open viewpoint to "R-rated" language.  But, as in anything internet related, the anonymity lets people behave in a manner that they would not in other public places.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »
To paraphrase Potter Stewart, offensive may be hard to define, but I know it when I see it.   

I would think almost any common obscenity would be fine ( up to and including frog snatch ).  Anything "mean-spirited" or degrading should be prohibited.  I think most of the posters here have a very open viewpoint to "R-rated" language.  But, as in anything internet related, the anonymity lets people behave in a manner that they would not in other public places.

I act this retarted in RL thank you very much!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »
I just moved all the uploaded episodes to http://community.roleplayingpublicradio.com

You can post them to the site if I have given your community AP account the proper permissions - does anyone else need to be made a writer/editor/whatever its called?

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2010, 02:13:10 AM »
I just finished "Recording" my second session.  We got to a break point about 3 hours in and I went to pause the recording only to find that it had not been recording.  Very sad.  Missed a couple of cool things happening.  Like the ranger/rogue sneaking around and crit sneak attacking an 11 year old drugged beggar girl who was dressed up to be the beggar king.  And then one of the dragon-born fighters falling into a 30 feet pit trap that ends in a cage suspended over a river and the same ranger/rogue leaping down to land on the cage to help free him. 

I guess I need to face the recorder to me next time, or at least make sure it is recording.  Got the last hour and half anyway.  Everyone was pretty upset about not getting the first part recorded, they are liking the podcast idea.  We were much more on task tonight and a got through a lot of encounters at a pretty fast pace.  I will try to post the partial tomorrow.  We will be able to finish the adventure next time.

Ross, I did not see a way to post the episodes ( but not sure what I may be missing ).  I loaded burbrry into my wordpress site and it works fine, but I don't see any of the options available on  http://community.roleplayingpublicradio.com .

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:48 AM »
I am not going to write the posts. You guys have to.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »
I guess the problem is a permissions one.  I do not have the option to add a post.