Author Topic: Game Fodder / Story Fodder  (Read 724159 times)

robotkarateman

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mulsk!
    • View Profile
    • AARG roleplaying system
GENERALA, my free dungeon-crawling RPG, is now available! And it's free!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Game Fodder / Story Fodder
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
Not quite a volcano fortress but if you want your NPC crime boss/cult leader to have a swanky lair, try this http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/108875/is-this-the-safest-house-in-the-world

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
More than 300 fall sick on Caribbean cruise
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/23/caribbean.cruise.illness/index.html?hpt=T2

Zombie outbreak, or just regular deadly virus attack?  Either way, being stuck on a huge boat in the middle of the ocean could be creepy, especially if someone or something goes crazy.

Piggybacking on Murph's post since I haven't made a separate thread about this as a possible collaborative project.

Apparently, you can view the deck plans of the QE2 online (and download them to PDF), which makes for an excellent resource for any cruise ship based game: http://www.cunard.co.uk/QE_Flash_deckPlans/default.htm
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

robotkarateman

• Mulsk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 07:22:07 PM »
Apparently, you can view the deck plans of the QE2 online

Princess has deck plans, minus employee-only areas, available online for all of their ships. You can even print them off.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
Apparently, you can view the deck plans of the QE2 online

Princess has deck plans, minus employee-only areas, available online for all of their ships. You can even print them off.

Sweet. Thanks robotkarateman. You should perform more of your mechanical ninjaing on the forums.  8)
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
The three defendants, all alleged to be cult members, have declined attorneys and are representing themselves against charges they starved a willful baby to death because he wouldn't say "amen" after meals.

Religious cult starves child: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-md.cult23feb23,0,4825827.story

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »
This is such a good idea I wish I had thought of it first http://www.blackgate.com/special-fiction-feature-%E2%80%9Cthe-renunciation-of-the-crimes-of-gharad-the-undying%E2%80%9D/

This is the best part of it.

I am very sorry about seizing the throne of Falland and establishing a dictatorship based on terror and intimidation. As ruler of Falland, I enforced a number of highly unfair and immoral policies for which I now feel very badly, including putting all orphans raised by any forms of wildlife to death, and ordering the execution of all wandering bards (although I must say in my defense that that decision was not entirely unpopular). I congratulate the Directorate for their more enlightened social and economic policies, and am certain that their wisdom will see Falland through these deeply troubled times. I urge the People of Falland to be patient while awaiting results from the Directorate’s programs.

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
This is such a good idea I wish I had thought of it first http://www.blackgate.com/special-fiction-feature-%E2%80%9Cthe-renunciation-of-the-crimes-of-gharad-the-undying%E2%80%9D/

I am very sorry about seizing the throne of Falland and establishing a dictatorship based on terror and intimidation. As ruler of Falland, I enforced a number of highly unfair and immoral policies for which I now feel very badly, including putting all orphans raised by any forms of wildlife to death, and ordering the execution of all wandering bards (although I must say in my defense that that decision was not entirely unpopular). I congratulate the Directorate for their more enlightened social and economic policies, and am certain that their wisdom will see Falland through these deeply troubled times. I urge the People of Falland to be patient while awaiting results from the Directorate’s programs.

"Hide behind the mound of dead bards!"

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »

They're just bards. After all, it's not like they have souls.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »

They're just bards. After all, it's not like they have souls.

If a tree falls in the woods and it lands on a Bard, does anybody care?

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »

Saddest multiclassed race in the world - the bard-hooker gnome.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
bitches don't know about epic social skill usage

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
bitches don't know about epic social skill usage

I still say that epic diplomacy is more useful than epic bluff.

robotkarateman

• Mulsk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 10:45:59 AM »
This is the start of a CoC adventure if I've ever heard one.

Roughly 2 million years ago, the Taylor Glacier sealed beneath it a small body of water which contained an ancient community of microbes. [...] Evolving independently of the rest of the living world, these microbes exist without heat, light, or oxygen, and are essentially the definition of "primordial ooze."

-- Blood Falls