Author Topic: List of Recyclables Found on My Office Wall  (Read 19103 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: List of Recyclables Found on My Office Wall
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
I love Green Boxes. Ross has mentioned them before. I think the last one I got have a collection of office pens, a box of .38 ammo, and a framed landscape painting among other things.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »
It's from Delta Green: They are self storage units where DG agents store equipment and materials recovered from operations. They are loosely maintained by DG. A cell of agents might use it to store some guns and a magic tome or a box of weird old photos.

So think of it as a grab bag of random occult and espionage stuff.

I really should get my hands on the Delta Green sourcebook, if only because of the pure awesomeness of Adam Scott Glancy's AP games. It sounds like a pretty kickass variation on CoC.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »
This list looks very obsessive compulsive. Kind of creepy. I could just imagine some tall figure in tattered clothing clenching a blood stained version of this list and eying anyone who comes close while muttering phrases like "unclean filth must die". Hm.   

What's creepier was the fact it was TAPED TO THE WALL for 20 YEARS! If I wouldn't have moved my computer desk out of sheer annoyance of how terrible our office computer is, it probably would have been there another 20.

It was waiting for you to discover it.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »
This list looks very obsessive compulsive. Kind of creepy. I could just imagine some tall figure in tattered clothing clenching a blood stained version of this list and eying anyone who comes close while muttering phrases like "unclean filth must die". Hm.   

What's creepier was the fact it was TAPED TO THE WALL for 20 YEARS! If I wouldn't have moved my computer desk out of sheer annoyance of how terrible our office computer is, it probably would have been there another 20.

Well, it's now tacked to my wall above the light switch where everyone can read it.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »

It's trying to return to it's master and cover all the lands in darkness.

Keep it secret.

Keep it safe.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »

Keep it secret.

Keep it safe.

One List to rule them all, One List to find them,
One List to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »

Keep it secret.

Keep it safe.

Three Inventory Listings where forged for Accounting, the wisest of all departments.

Seven Potluck Sign Ups where distributed among the Cubicles, the sturdy foundation of the office.

And Nine Administrative Memos for the Middle Managers, who above all else, desired power.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »
Alright, I made these using by Blackberry Curve 8330 and MS Paint because I don't have PS on my laptop so don't rag on the quality.

The list corrupts the wall:

Books on the professors desk:

More books (these are the same books, but they work as two separate pictures):

"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
That is delightful.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
That is delightful.

You can fill in the details Tad and you have your game for this week.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
That is delightful.

Perfect. I think my players know enough CoC that those books will make for a great red herring.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
That is delightful.

Perfect. I think my players know enough CoC that those books will make for a great red herring.

The book that's title is almost visible in the picture with the books on the desk is Sarah Josepha Hale's _Flora's Interpreter_ (1834 edition). Here's a google books link to an 1850s edition: http://books.google.com/books?id=e7cYAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Flora%27s+Interpreter&source=bl&ots=WcChUKfKgH&sig=UfZjzxzzEA6KvveIcsOWe67RPaA&hl=en&ei=cXV8S_ypCoLANpLP9ZkF&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »

Keep it secret.

Keep it safe.

Three Inventory Listings where forged for Accounting, the wisest of all departments.

Seven Potluck Sign Ups where distributed among the Cubicles, the sturdy foundation of the office.

And Nine Administrative Memos for the Middle Managers, who above all else, desired power.

I can't best this. Also nice MS paint pictures.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »

Keep it secret.

Keep it safe.

I can't best this. Also nice MS paint pictures.

The Yellow Sign turned out better than I had hoped.