Author Topic: The Arcadia Signal  (Read 65499 times)

robotkarateman

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mulsk!
    • View Profile
    • AARG roleplaying system
Re: The Arcadia Signal
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »
I kept calling it "the Winslow" because it made me think of Carl Winslow from Family Matters.

Another missed opportunity for using celebrity impersonations to provide characterization to NPCs.
GENERALA, my free dungeon-crawling RPG, is now available! And it's free!

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 08:54:04 PM »
I kept calling it "the Winslow" because it made me think of Carl Winslow from Family Matters.

I fucking knew it Cody. Harrrr. Nice AP guys, and yeah wtf was with the celebrity donations?
And sneakin' around lunchladies was pretty alright.

How'd you and jason like the system?
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »
Okay I follow that then. So how far could it "see"? I assumed it had extremely far reaching sensory ability.

it could see pretty much everything in the solar system, at a bare minimum

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
As much as I love being credited for obscure references, I wasn't referring to a comic book. In fact, I kept calling it "the Winslow" because it made me think of Carl Winslow from Family Matters. My love for African-American cops comes through in my role-playing once again (see: Ernie Hudson).

You mean the cop from Die Hard?

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 11:19:38 PM »
As much as I love being credited for obscure references, I wasn't referring to a comic book. In fact, I kept calling it "the Winslow" because it made me think of Carl Winslow from Family Matters. My love for African-American cops comes through in my role-playing once again (see: Ernie Hudson).

You mean the cop from Die Hard?

The Cop from Die Hard is Carl Winslow on Family Matters, same actor-Reginald VelJohnson
Ernie Hudson is from Ghost Busters, where he plays Winston. He is also in whole bunch of other shit too. Not only that but he is/was a Delta Green friendly.
I wish I was Tom.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 11:46:18 PM »
Ernie Hudson is from Ghost Busters, where he plays Winston. He is also in whole bunch of other shit too. Not only that but he was a Delta Green friendly.

My character shoved Ernie Hudson into a time gate to seal it in the end of a DG scenario. Ernie was promptly eaten by a velociraptor. My character later died of radiation poisoning.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:58 PM »
Ernie Hudson is from Ghost Busters, where he plays Winston. He is also in whole bunch of other shit too. Not only that but he was a Delta Green friendly.

My character shoved Ernie Hudson into a time gate to seal it in the end of a DG scenario. Ernie was promptly eaten by a velociraptor. My character later died of radiation poisoning.

That I did not know, R.I.P. heroes!
I wish I was Tom.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:52:45 PM »

Falling into a time gate though, I mean, he could be hanging out with Abraham Lincoln as he is betrayed by the Drow.

Pretty sure Ross' exact quote was, "You find your self in the precambrian period. You manage to survive for a few hours, but you're eventually tracked and eaten by a velociraptor."
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:10 AM »
poor ernie

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 12:02:10 AM »
poor ernie

He did have Hep C. Or, as Cody put it, "Ernie Hudson doesn't fucking care. He has Hepatitis C."

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
poor ernie

He did have Hep C. Or, as Cody put it, "Ernie Hudson doesn't fucking care. He has Hepatitis C."

I remember hearing about this session on the podcast or something recently, was it recorded?  Is there a possibility of seeing this session on the AP site at some point?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 02:54:20 AM »
poor ernie

I remember hearing about this session on the podcast or something recently, was it recorded?  Is there a possibility of seeing this session on the AP site at some point?

No because I ran it before I bought the h2 recorder

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »

I fucking knew it Cody. Harrrr. Nice AP guys, and yeah wtf was with the celebrity donations?

Personally, I really enjoyed the system. I like this system much more than CoC for some reason. I dunno.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »

Personally, I really enjoyed the system. I like this system much more than CoC for some reason. I dunno.

Awesome. I very much enjoy the new World of Darkness System, especially when there's a storyteller in control who's willing to allow players to approach problems in strange ways and doesn't mind using "different" attribute and skill combinations.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »

Awesome. I very much enjoy the new World of Darkness System, especially when there's a storyteller in control who's willing to allow players to approach problems in strange ways and doesn't mind using "different" attribute and skill combinations.

like me  8)

EDIT: Fixed your post, watch the string of quote marks next time. Or were you doing it for the lulz?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:14:39 PM by Setherick »