Author Topic: Victory Force (M&M 2nd ed. Seeking 3-5 players)  (Read 69117 times)

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Victory Force (M&M 2nd ed. Seeking 3-5 players)
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
Game Title: Victory Force
System: Mutant's and Masterminds 2nd ed
Players Wanted: 3-5. Willing to take on more if the character concept is good enough
Posting Rate: 2 Times per week
Special Rules: nada
Advancement Rules: PL 7 135 PP's

When governments have operations that even special forces can't hack, they turn to the UNITED NATIONS Spec-ops team codenamed: Victory Force.

Victory Force is an elite group of metahumans who can get the job done when no one else can. These folks aren't a bunch of Cape Wearing boy scouts. They are lethal, efficient and stealthy, and they get in and out before anyone has any reason to suspect they are under attack. Nuclear arms reclamation, assassinations, hostage rescue, and the occasional natural disaster are a simple walk in the park.

(OOC-) Let's put together a little team for spec ops. You have powers. Super heroes exist. But this is a different kind of thing. You are top secret. You don't have identities and you are an international mercenary force. You have been contracted by one country to carry out an OP on another country only to turn around and pick up a retaliation contract.

Business is good. And you guys are great.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Victory Force (M&M 2nd ed. Seeking 3-5 players)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »
I'll sign up. Would you mind if I bounce a few concepts off of you to see what works well? I have alot of things I'd like to play but many of them are reflections of existing works.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:08:17 AM »
Yeah, go ahead and post all your character ideas, we can talk about them and hone them down to something appropriate to the setting.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »
Cool. I've got two ideas at the moment.

First idea focuses on biological alteration. A character with abilities to transform his flesh to suit his needs. Essentually a utility belt character who's body is the belt.

Second is a organic electrical abilities with alot of points spent on subtler uses of electrical power rather than hurling lightning bolts.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:03:31 PM »
I would love to join. Is it taking place on RPPR or RPOL?

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 02:32:39 PM »
It will be here on RPPR

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
I'm kind of interested if there ends up being an open spot, but I've never played, rolled a character.  I do have a basic grasp of the general system and access to the books.  If it doesn't fill up with people who actually know more and are more passionate and my lack of experience won't pose a problem, I'd love to jump in.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
I can be tricky if you don't know the system. Normally I'd suggest using one of the Archtypes in the core book and decreasing them. However, this game isn't at the same power level or point spread.

You'd probably be best finding a hero at PL 7 in one of the source books and then increasing some of their abilities or adding more.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »
I was thinking that every group needs a 'face' and I was going to try for something like that.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
I'm attempting to fill the utility role, both through wide skill selection and power application. I suppose I should make a fair investment into combat abilities as well.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
I'm kind of interested if there ends up being an open spot, but I've never played, rolled a character.  I do have a basic grasp of the general system and access to the books.  If it doesn't fill up with people who actually know more and are more passionate and my lack of experience won't pose a problem, I'd love to jump in.

I'm in the same situation. I have the core rulebook, but I've never actually played it.

However, I would love to join in.

Is there a M&M character generator somewhere online?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »
I really think you'd be better off without one and just trying to keep things simple. As much as I enjoy the system it isn't always very friendly.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
Yeah, when I first skimmed through the book I thought, "Holy fuck, why is everything so complicated?"

I guess I'll just modify one of the archetypes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:44:52 PM by Kroack »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
Good idea. If you drop any attack powers so they don't go over the +7 cap (and do likewise with Defense and Toughness powers) you'll probably be in the right zone for this game's PL to PP balance.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
The other option is you could describe in detail what kind of powers you want your character to have and I could walk you through on how to create them.

Basically just pick your skills and feats and ability scores and we can total those bad boys up and see what we have to work with when it comes to powers and abilities.

Mutants and masterminds is very frightening when you don't know what you are looking at, however once you get a little experience under your belt you begin to see where the system shines, and how it's actually easier to build say a 20th level dnd wizazrd in M&M than in D&D. It takes far less time too. But the first couple of characters are daunting and confusing and there are some things which seem counter intuitive to most D20 players.

Please don't just modify an archetype unless thats what you want to play. Trust me, between the two of us we can create any character you want to. And it won't just be GM assigning you your powers, This will be a walkthrough.

So yeah. Best describe what your character can do. Think up the concept first. Write it down. What kind of stunts has he or she pulled etc. M&M is about having the freedom to make any character concept into a reality. It's not driven by prestige classes and what feat to i have to pick at what level.