Author Topic: St. Louis, The Gateway City [Dresden Files RPG]  (Read 42509 times)

Bronnen

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: St. Louis, The Gateway City [Dresden Files RPG]
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
I do really this this High Concept thing, gives a lot of freedom to the characters. My Berserker of the Gods will enjoy meeting your Out of Control Magical Engine! WITH HIS SWORD! BUWAHAHA

Ahem... ignore that.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
Looking through the archetypes I think I'll either go for some sort of minor talent or just a normie.

Perhaps some sorta wizard?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:02:26 PM by Kroack »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
I do really this this High Concept thing, gives a lot of freedom to the characters. My Berserker of the Gods will enjoy meeting your Out of Control Magical Engine! WITH HIS SWORD! BUWAHAHA

Ahem... ignore that.

I think we switched over to playing Exalted at some point here.

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »
I've never played exalted, though I have wanted to.

I'm still trying to decide on my guy, though I know he will see himself as some sort of holy avenger, trying to smite all unnatural things.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
I imagine my character as a more convention and founcation member of magical society, likely on the side of the White Council who is trying to gain a proper control over his abilities. Some of his Troubles will be linked to his lack of control (my core Trouble at the moment is "Crap, the practice dummy is ashes... again").

I definitally want a group Aspect so we're all connected to one another mechanically. Something like: "Motley Bunch of Misfits" or "Coterie of the Unlikely".

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »
My character is going to be, kind of like an inquisitor. Hunting down the supernatural powers. But he'll also be very easily tempted by the power they can give. He might be coerced into, say, drawing upon some evil artifact to be able to accomplish his goals.

I just need to figure out how to best do this.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
Sounds like we'll need a pretty compelling reason for him to work with the rest of the party. Something in Phase 4, perhaps?

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Well, I'm thinking he might have had his life saved by another party member, and feels he owes a debt to said person, travelling with them and keeping them safe from harm, despite his hatred of the supernatural.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
I could work with you on that. My characters powers are supposed to be less than perfectly controlled. If I helped you out than you might think my abilities could be harnised to turn against the greater supernatrual world, much in the same manner that one could turn an evil idol against some vampires. Then you could use play friendship and desire to create a weapon against the supernatural as oppossing drives through out the game.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Okay, I think I've settled on the high concept of a sorcerous vagabond.

some sort of walkin' dude who travels on the ancient highways of America.

An ageless stranger who has come to st. louis.

MUST REFINE CONCEPT

Ryo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
Hey Tad, your concept sounds a bit like an apprentice, ie a lot of potential, but limited on training and control. You might be impressive enough for the White Council to want to keep you around even with your 'faults'. I'd say (if the New Star Wars movies weren't so bad), it be something like that.

I see my guy as not much of a company man, tow the line, or obey orders without question type. He'd be big on personal choice and personal responsibility, so I doubt he'd be on the best of terms with the Council. He's rather tolerant of most things or maybe he just doesn't care. Motivating him would be the biggest problem. However once he made up his mind, once he was focused then all hell would break loose. :P

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
I like that Idea Tadanori!

He could try to "refine" you, and  keep you on the morale path, and use your character to keep himself from succumbing to those same powers he considers to be evil.

My character is quite honest, and doesn't really care about other people's personal opinions, more suited to ordering and leading than following, though he doesn't just order either, he likes to lead by example, being the first into the fray.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
I like this apprentice thing Ryo threw out too. Have the White Council on one side of my character promising control (of the character's power and of his life) and have Bronnen's character on the other side promising purpose and 'freedom' after a fashion. And with Ryo's character such a free spirit the mix get even more interesting.

Okay, to represent the conflicting paths ahead of my character, one of my Troubles is gonna be "Balanced on the Razor Edge pf Neutral".

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
I have a pretty good idea of what I want my character to be, working on most of it right now.

However, I have an idea for the city itself. As one of the themes, I'd like to propose. "A sin for your every fetish!"

What I mean by that is, for every possible depravity that someone could have, there is a place and people willing to give it to you.

Ryo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »
Thinking..
High concept: Freeform mage or Unfetter Fellow or Sidestepping Warlock

Troubles: No concern of Consequences or White Council Black Sheep or Hiding in Plain Sight