Author Topic: TITLE UNAVAILABLE [Paranoia XP or 25th Anniversary: UNDISCLOSED NUMBER Players]  (Read 30163 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Game Title: Unavailable At Your Clearance Level.

System: Paranoia XP or the Anniversary Edition, they're pretty much the same. You're not supposed to show knowledge of the rules anyways. MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!

Players Wanted: 4-7, more if it will be entertaining.

Posting Rate: LOW POSTING RATE WILL RESULT IN SUMMARY EXECUTION. HAVE A NICE DAY.

Special Rules: Disregard service firms, unless you want to be in one. You can pick your mutations and secret societies. Please [spoiler=Ultraviolet Clearance]
If you are viewing these words, please report to the nearest termination booth, or await Internal Security. Would you like some music to listen to?[/spoiler] those two categories when we get to character creation.

Advancement Rules: Hahahahaha. Hahahahaha. hahahahahahahahaa.

CONGRATULATIONS, CITIZEN. WELCOME TO THE BELOVED RANKS OF TROUBLESHOOTER OF ALPHA COMPLEX. YOUR MANDATORY DUTY, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS TO HUNT DOWN COMMUNISTS, CAPTURE TRAITORS, AND FIX ALL OF ALPHA COMPLEX'S NONEXISTENT PROBLEMS. BECAUSE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS, CORRECT, CITIZEN?

WHAT IS THAT CITIZEN? YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR SPECIFIC MISSION DETAILS ARE? I'M SORRY, BUT THAT INFORMATION IS ABOVE YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE. REPEATED INQUIRY IS TREASON. ARE YOU A TRAITOR... CITIZEN?

Welcome to Alpha Complex. A world where up is down and down doesn't know what it is. Alpha Complex is led by an insane piece of hardware known as the Computer. Obsessed with destroying anything that may or may not harm its Utopia, the Computer has promoted you to RED security clearance, handed you a lazer, and sent you on your merry way. Watch your head on the way out. And your arms. And your legs, torso, or internal organs.  

Note- If you don't have either core rulebook, no big deal. Tell me what sort of character you want and I may be generous and create your troubleshoot at your specifications, but don't count on it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:44:34 PM by Kroack »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Hello Friend Computer. Did you get the e-mail list of mutant tractors I sent you? That is what we're supposed to be looking for, right?

Kroack

• View Profile
Hello Friend Computer. Did you get the e-mail list of mutant tractors I sent you? That is what we're supposed to be looking for, right?

TRACTORS, CITIZEN? KNOWLEDGE OF MUTANT INFILTRATION IN AGRICULTURE AND BOTANICAL SECTORS IS TREASON!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:00:36 PM by Kroack »

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
I kind of want to check out Paranoia, so I may be interested in this, but I also may be playing and running pbp games, so I don't want to overcommit myself...

Kroack

• View Profile
Join up! Don't take this game too seriously. I'm going for a classic vibe, leaning towards zap and all its assorted craziness.   

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
I have the Citizen's Guide will that be enough to play?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
Doesn't really matter. No matter what book you have, you can play. I'll make characters for anyone who can't.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Cool, I'll have mine up tomorrow. I'm thinking of making a character that is based on Winston Smith.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
We have one definite player.

Looking for some more fools.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
I'll know by the weekend whether I will throw my hat in the ring or not...

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
I have the book, but if you could generate a dude for me, that would be amazing.  Otherwise, I'm not sure I'll have one to you in a timely manner.  I am getting ridiculously busy with other PbP games over at NerdBound and real life games.  However, I really want to play Paranoia, especially the insane zap style antics.  I'm in if this gets going.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Kroack

• View Profile
I'll make you a character, you're just handing me moar power. Mwahahaha.

So.. do you have a concept or you gonna let me go crazy with it.

ugnis13

• View Profile
I've been looking for a pbp game i could get in on without having any books. I'm in. I don't know what type of characters are normal for this, but i had a concept of someone like Kevin Flynn from Tron.

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I'm definitely up for playing this I don't have any rules so I'll try and give you an overview of what I want when I get back and you can run with it?

Dogfish

• View Profile
I'm curious how you would run this in PbP? I've played it around a table, ran it infact, finding that the quick pace is what led to zany action.