Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 431905 times)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: Intoduction
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2009, 01:18:09 AM »
Hey, a fellow Montreal! Awesome. I've got a friend who works at EA. You work at EA, Ubisoft, Bioware or what?

Anyway, welcome to the forums, Jean-Francois (I assume. ;))

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »

Ross, I need at least one episode of the New World Campaign to listen to at work while reviewing my minion's shit, or else I'm going to kill one of them in a fashion only that Cody character would be able to imagine.  Maybe that Tom character also could.  Whatever.  Please... ;D

If it were me, I would incinerate a bitch while saying something cool.

If it were Tom, he would rape it to death.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
...Or rip the head off and start eating it.

AwesomeJF

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »
Hey, a fellow Montreal! Awesome. I've got a friend who works at EA. You work at EA, Ubisoft, Bioware or what?

Anyway, welcome to the forums, Jean-Francois (I assume. ;))

Ubisoft for the last 8 years.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »

Lucky you. I always tell my friend how he should be working for Ubisoft Montreal as they make wayyy better game. Did you work on Sands of Time? Assassin's Creed?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
I guess since I never posted to this I will.

I'm Patrick part of the RPPR crew but not a frequent contributor right now because I'm in an English PhD student at UW-Milwaukee. (Although I'm currently thinking about life outside of academe.) Additional stats as follows:

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Varies (Brown / Hazel / Green)
Sexual Orientation: Hetero(human)

As an English student, I read a lot. Here are some of my favorites:

Favorite Current Books: Hobbes - Leviathan and Nietzsche - Geneaology of Morals
Favorite SF Novel: Vonnegut - Sirens of Titan
Favorite Utopian Novel: Swift - Gulliver's Travels
Favorite Dystopian Novel: Donnelly - Caesar's Collumn
Favorite 20C American Novel: Ellison - Invisible Man and Wright - The Outsider
Favorite Long Book That Few People Have Read Cover to Cover: Fielding - Tom Jones (All 1000 pages are astoundingly funny.)
Favorite 19C American Novels that No One Reads Outside of the Academy: Sedgwick - The Linwoods or Stoddard - The Morgensons

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:48:52 PM by Setherick »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

AwesomeJF

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

Lucky you. I always tell my friend how he should be working for Ubisoft Montreal as they make wayyy better game. Did you work on Sands of Time? Assassin's Creed?

No.  For a long time I was working on Clancy games.

Connallmac

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »
My name is Josh. I'm 30 and have been gaming for about 16 years now. I'm originally from Upstate NY, near Syracuse, but I now reside in Eastern Indiana. I have played more games than I care to think about. My favorite rpg  is Call of Cthulhu and the Chaosium Basic Role Playing System, both are very simple and easy to learn (and if you know one, then essentially you know the other). They are also very easy to adapt to different genres and time periods.

I have been listening to RPPR for a few months now, and I've really been enjoying it, keep up the good work guys!

Connallmac

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:56 AM »
My name is Andy, I am 32 and live outside Rochester, western NY. 

Andy, I don't know if you are currently looking for a game to join or not, but you may want to check out the gaming club at SUNY Geneseo. I used to be a member, and for a year president, of the club when I was a student at Geneseo. Their web address is http://gagg.geneseo.edu and I still pop up on the forums there on occasion. I believe they have already had their convention for the year, which always falls fairly early in the spring semester, but they often have "mini-cons" throughout the year where folks will get together, usually on a weekend day, and play lots of different games.

New Start

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:09 AM »
Hi, I'm Evan.

I've been gaming for 7 years now and I love Werewolf: the Forsaken. Even though I have never ran a campaign of it (long story).

I've played in other games to be sure: DnD 3.5(like it), S.L.A. Industries(fond of it, BUT...), Vampire: the Requiem(it's a good game), MnM(up in the air) and Hero's Unlimited(Hate it with a side order of Despise and a tall glass of Loathing).

I love the show, Tom and Ross. Please keep up the great work.

Totems aren't "pack licenses," they're not handed out by the National Registry of Uratha Pack Services as soon as you complete Form 12458-B, Petition for the Formation of a Pack (Tribes of the Moon and Unaffiliated). - Kordeth

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »
Any and all nWoD supporters are welcome with me. Nice to meet you.

arthwollipot

• View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »
Because I rolled a critical failure on my spot check, I posted my introduction message elsewhere.

http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=144.0

Feel free to hurl abuse. :D
This cloaking device is heavily destroyed.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »
Because I rolled a critical failure on my spot check, I posted my introduction message elsewhere.

http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=144.0

Feel free to hurl abuse. :D

Ill take a pass on that, but if your up for abuse that's for a cause then hows about joining the cult of the cathartic Lobster. we have great dental. they knock all your teeth out so you never need to go to the dentist.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

arthwollipot

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »
Ill take a pass on that, but if your up for abuse that's for a cause then hows about joining the cult of the cathartic Lobster. we have great dental. they knock all your teeth out so you never need to go to the dentist.
Hmm. Sounds like fun. I could do with new dentures.
This cloaking device is heavily destroyed.

Corrosive Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
Guess I should have looked for this thread when I arrived -- how rude of me.

Hi!  I'm a 31 year old gamer from Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and one of only six people in the whole city that does not work for Research In Motion (the BlackBerry makers).  I'm considering a career of superherodom, as one of the top guys behind Research In Motion is named Dr. Lazaritus, which is so clearly a super-villain name.  It's good to go into a job with pre-defined goals.

I've played a ton of different systems, with favourites being D&D 3.5 (now a Paizo Pathfinder fan), Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia XP, and Cyberpunk 2020.  I've recently picked up some NWoD, after being assured by friends that White Wolf no longer requires you to dye your hair black and shop at Hot Topic (I kid!, I kid!).

Anyway, I'm still working on catching up with the RPRR podcasts - I'm on the New World Actual Play #4, but hopefully I'll be able to join in on some of the more current conversations once I finish my homework, and get up to date.  :)

CR
A bullet may have your name on it, but hand grenades are like spam for the battlefield.