Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428942 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Introduction
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Welcome to the boards. Always nice to see new people getting involved.

Our main goals here are to confound Ross at every turn, to mock Ross's hard work as often as possible, and to say things so strange and off the wall that Tom is forced to respond to them in a post.

As side matters we inflat Cody's ego and post weird internet stuff.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2009, 01:40:37 AM »

OMG Ross! We totally have the same Army bag!  Twinsies!!

Isn't it the most awesome bag ever? It has more pockets and pouches than a Rob Liefeld character!

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2009, 03:08:11 AM »
Baw, I should probably do this as well.

My name's Sean (one of the many here), I'm 19, and am going to be working at Walt Disney World in Florida (paid internship).

As for my gamer cred, I played DnD in high school, but stopped gaming for a while after graduating.  I found another group during my first year of college (played some DnD, Dust Devils, and the occasional pickup game of InSpectres), but our schedules don't line up anymore and my girlfriend and I are leaving for Florida in a week.  Oh boy.

Hopefully I can find something while I'm down there.

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
That's awesome, Sean. Have fun in FL.

Blood Pouch is awesome too! ;D

"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »
Introductions?  Sounds good.

My name is Josh,  i'm a singer from Australia and in a rock band;  heres our myspace http://www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks (plug plug plug plug lol).  I stumbled upon the PodCast of RPPR about a week ago,  maybe a little more;  and since have fallen in love with it.  It has also made me fall in love with RPG's again, to the extent where i'm working on starting a new game with my old group.

As for my gaming 'cred', I have played Dnd for about 4-5 years, never really ventured away from that though,  purely for the reason that my group really wasn't interested.  I started with DM-ing, because i was the protagonist in getting my friends to game with me,  after they fell in love with it i found myself falling into the position of playing a number of different and interesting characters, mainly for the reason to make my group laugh.

In closing, I love the PodCast guys,  keep it up.
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »
Hey Josh, welcome aboard.

If you only stumbled on the podcast RPPR a week ago, I suggest you go back and listen to them in order, this podcast unlike many others ages well. You can always work your way through the Actual Plays afterward, again, one of the rare podcast that has actually good and enjoyable actual plays.

I've got a feeling a lot of us in the RPPR community are if not actual GM, GM material... maybe for the simple reason that we seek out RPG podcasts to inspire, entertain and help us.

(I like the song posted on your myspace by the way)

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
Hey all,

My name is Chris, 26yrs old (going on 12). I live in Plymouth, UK and to get money I work as a Microbiology Technician at the local Hospital. I discovered RPPR through Itunes whilst looking for random Gaming podcasts. After listening to Gamer the podcasting (RIP) and Dragons landing I stumbled over RPPR and it blew the others out of the water, rekindled my love of DMing, kept my brain buzzing with ideas and has given me a nagging insatiable hunger for gaming.

Been DMing for approx. 14 years starting with Warhammer fantasy roleplay (WHFRP) and on to Deadlands, Shadowrun, Dnd (3,3.5 and 4) and SLA Industries. Very much like Josh, I too ended up being the protagonist to my slightly apathetic Gamer group (If I didn't start something i.e. organize the where and when, nothing happened) which will probably be the next topic I post.

Thanks for making my work life much more bearable for approx. 70mins at a time.

Edit- Forgot Call of Cthulhu (D20 + Chaosium) plus Lorien Trust Larp and Heroes for Hire Larp
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:39:01 PM by Wooberman »

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »
Josh and Chris... would either of you guys like to join my game I'm running at www.rpol.net?

It is a WWII game where you are a Special Forces Ranger with psychic powers. The rules are Chaosium's Basic RolePlaying rules, (the core rule set they use in Call of Cthulhu). I need one or two more players. I think you'll have a good time.

It's obviously a play-by-post game, and you would only need to check the game every other day or so. More often would be great, but that's up to you.

If you go to the RPOL site, do a search for "Operation: Mind Storm".
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2009, 03:54:36 AM »
Hello, folks! My name's Ryan, and I'm a twenty-five year-old roleplaying gamer from Long Island. I've lived in New York my entire life, aside from a four-year sojourn in Baltimore during college, but I'm looking forward to seeing and possibly living in other parts of the country (maybe the Midwest or California). I like to read (pretty much whatever I can get my hands on), write, make films (when I can afford to) and videos (when I can't), cook, take photographs, and--of course!--roleplay. I came across RPPR listed in iTunes and it hooked me almost instantly because Ross and Tom are a lot like all of my friends from high school. (I apologize for saying that, by the way--I'm not entirely sure it's a compliment. Eighty-five percent, though!)

I have over a decade of experience with tabletop roleplaying; I've been playing in games since I was fourteen and running them since two years after that. Most of what I've been exposed to has been White Wolf WoD games, but I've also played in an Aberrant chronicle, a few odd Paranoia games, and a few other one-shots here and there. I run Mage: The Ascension mostly--2nd ed. rules with some Revised thrown in wherever I like it better--but I also dabbled in Wraith when I was a young GM. I've been running a pulpy Mage campaign for the past two years called "City of the Damned" that I consider to be a WoD cross between an old, short-lived TV show on Fox called Brimstone and The Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby Doo. (Both shows had similar plots--the heroes have to capture a series of nasty spirits that escaped from their eternal imprisonment--but one had John Glover playing the devil and the other had a plucky orphan in a yellow jumper called Flim-Flam.) When that's over, which should hopefully be in a month or two, I want to try to run something different. I'm still trying to decide on what, though.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself here. I look forward to jumping in on some of the threads I perused before I signed up. See you on the boards!

Sean-o-tron said:

My name's Sean (one of the many here), I'm 19, and am going to be working at Walt Disney World in Florida (paid internship).

That's fantastic, Sean! One of my friends just finished doing one of those about a month ago. She worked at the confectionery on Main Street, USA, and she had a wonderful time. I hope you will, too!

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2009, 03:24:22 AM »
Miss me? Been gone for a while now I have some catching up on the forums.

sorry for my absence been working around 80 hours and going full time at school. O well hope to be on more.

WOOT
Kenders Rock

Karl

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »
Hi I am Karl, Played magic the gathering before i could read via matching the abilties with the pictures and using the same deck over and over. Eventualy i wished to expand my gamer experience and went from Ccg's and n64 to Dnd. To date I play Call of cthulhu, Dnd 3.5, Dnd 4th ed, Mutants and masterminds, and D20 modern. Still play magic though i dont wast my money on the cards anymore. I am the President of Rpg club at my school and I have been listening to rppr since epsiode 7 or so.
Stats Age 17 Sex:Male Sexualtiy:Gay Game of choice: Dnd Height: 5ft 7inches
Race of choice: Kobolds and Kenders

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »
Another one!

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2009, 11:50:27 PM »
I'm just going to pretend he stopped after "Kobolds."
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
I'm torn Karl. I love kobolds and I greatly dislike kender. I am not sure what to make of your perferences...

Anyhow, welcome to the forums!

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:31 AM »
Welcome Karl. I'm glad they still have RPG clubs in school.

Kenders... what is the world coming to?  :D

Dwarves... sturdy, stout... talk about a race designed to adventure!  ;D