Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 431274 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Re: Introduction
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
Cool! Welcome, Michael!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Runor

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:24 PM »
Hey all.  I'm Chris.  Long time creeper, first time poster.

Grad School: Nope. 2 irrelevant ATA's, and working towards a BA at the moment

Cats: Wife claims to be allergic to cats, so no.

Beer: 4 years in the Navy and currently a chef... I beer alot.

My experience in gaming has been mostly video games until about 4 years ago.  Started playing NWod then spread out a bit from there.  I typically play a low key PC until my character develops a personality through group interactions.  Which means I usually end up a paranoid sociopath in World of Darkness and a multiclassed healer in everything else.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »
Glad to meet you, Chris! I've always wanted to play a World of Darkness game, old or new, but I've never had the chance.

Runor

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
It is a really fun system,  the new God Machine rules are hit and miss for me.  I like the mechanics but the theme makes me think of the second Matrix movie, and that's unfortunate.

KillItWithFire

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
Greetings, all! Long time listener and lurker, finally got around to making a forum account. My name is Derek, and I've been an avid RPPR listener for a few years now, since around the start of Know Evil, which inspired me to run an Eclipse Phase campaign for my group that lasted over two years, and I have pretty much been a fan ever since.

In real life, I'm 33, work as a toolmaker, and have been a lifelong gamer, mainly of roleplaying games, having recieved my first set of polyhedral dice in the third grade. I am currently running Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition for my group, which is a pleasant nostalgia trip, as I haven't done anything D&D since getting burned out on 3.5 many, many years ago.

I usually avoid forums, in general, as most of them are wretched hives of scum and villiany, but the RPPR community is really great, and listening to the podcast has given me many new ideas on how to run better games, and tell better stories.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »
we are pretty amazing  8)

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
Greetings, all! Long time listener and lurker, finally got around to making a forum account. My name is Derek, and I've been an avid RPPR listener for a few years now, since around the start of Know Evil, which inspired me to run an Eclipse Phase campaign for my group that lasted over two years, and I have pretty much been a fan ever since.

In real life, I'm 33, work as a toolmaker, and have been a lifelong gamer, mainly of roleplaying games, having recieved my first set of polyhedral dice in the third grade. I am currently running Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition for my group, which is a pleasant nostalgia trip, as I haven't done anything D&D since getting burned out on 3.5 many, many years ago.

I usually avoid forums, in general, as most of them are wretched hives of scum and villiany, but the RPPR community is really great, and listening to the podcast has given me many new ideas on how to run better games, and tell better stories.

Welcome! I run a Pathfinder game for a group of friends, and I gaze at the 5th Edition rules with growing envy. As soon as they go OGL and have a big ol' Wiki full of free monster stats, I'm gonna be on it so fast.

TRNSHMN

• Even less impressive IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
Hello all, I'm TRNSHMN (read that as you will, interpretations vary), 25, from Hungary and thus I'll leave my name redacted since chances are no one'll be able to pronounce it. Been listening since April or so and have pretty much devoured about 60-70% of APs from RRPR since. It's been a fantastic ride and helped get my enthusiasm for RPGs back after a few years of pretty mixed-to-unfortunate online RP history. Been occasionally commenting on APs and podcasts for a while and pontificating at the drop of a hat about shit nobody cares about so I figured why not come over here as well.

Currently in my final year of a Psych BA after a too-late-aborted attempt at an MBA. Also no cats, like 'em but always been in a one dog family, fine with beer but not a habitual consumer so somewhat deviating from the platonic ideal of the RPPR listener. Big on horror and sci-fi, currently big on rules light systems after a few years of being a crunch fanatic, occasionally GM for a small group of weird and clever friends on IRC who are better roleplayers than I'll probably be in ten years.

Might try and see if I can't bounce some things off of people around here for an overly ambitious game I'm planning, since ya'all seem pretty cool.

Do have to mention though, have not seen a forum post requiring three layers of verification, especially math-related ones.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »
Welcome, TRNSHMN. I'm gonna pronounce it "Tron-Shaman".  :)

I can't speak for anybody else, but I love getting ideas bounced off of me. And don't worry, the authentication steps go away once you've posted a few times.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2015, 03:40:18 AM »
I thought it was TRSHMN(TrashMan) at first, but I see that it's actually TransHuman. Welcome aboard!

Redroverone

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
Hi, I'm Lonnie. Call me whatever. 45. The rest really doesn't matter.

The gaming started at age 12, playing D&D right about the time AD&D was the hip new thing. Included in part one was a lot of Star Frontiers, Gamma World, Twilight:2000, Traveller, and eventually Marvel Super Heroes. Then came a brief interregnum of about 20 years where I was kept in a dungeon called 'real life'. Escape brought me here after further adventures in stuff like the ST:TNG game and Amazing Adventures. Found RPPR looking for AP's of a game I picked up blind at GenCon called Eclipse Phase....and, well, now you know the rest of the story.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »
I have tough standards for forum verification because I hate spambots and I am lazy. I don't want to spend time filtering out spambots so every time one bot makes it through registration, I change the questions. Easier to do that than to keep weeding out spambots.

SynapticError

• The maze of my mind has yet to let me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 28, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
Hello, all!  I'm Patrick, 19, currently in my freshman year of college in Cape Cod.

RPPR basically got me through high school and introduced me to 90% of the role-playing games I play with my friends.  I haven't had a chance to play many tabletop games but I've been collecting the stranger indie videogames like Darkwood and Sunless Sea.  I'm surrounded by aborted projects and half-written works, but I'm currently working on a world-building exercise of mine. 

Sorry if this post is terrible, I haven't really been on any forums before.

"I put my first dollar in a frame.  I'm still waiting for the second."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #388 on: October 28, 2015, 05:59:56 PM »
WE HAVE HIGH STANDARDS FOR FORUM POSTS YOU BETTER GET ON THIS LEVEL

SynapticError

• The maze of my mind has yet to let me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
OH SWEET JESUS THERE'S NO HOPE FOR ME.
"I put my first dollar in a frame.  I'm still waiting for the second."