Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 429001 times)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Intoduction
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
I'm Ethan, 38, been gaming since 1980 or so. I've played just about everything at one time. I'm a big fan of GURPS and Ars Magica, though haven't played them in years. Currently playing and running D&D 3.5 and enjoying it. I also did lot of table-top miniature games, both historial (medievals, 7 years war, napoleonics, U.S. Ciivil war, zulu era, & wwII) and fantasy/sci fi (Warhammer & Warhammer 40k.)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 09:05:23 PM »
Hey Ethan, good to see you here!

Mason

• he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
I'm Mason Ive been RPing since I was 7. my dad got me into advanced D&D. I've been playing since. I use to only play D&D but now my pallet has widened thanks to this podcast. I now run ALOT of gurps, call of cthulhu, fear itself, and mutants and masterminds. Ive been a GM for five years now, maybe longer but I don't count my high school romps. I love in Los Angeles in southern California
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:54:16 PM by Jacen »
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
Welcome back, dood. Not that you really went anywhere but welcome back anyhow.

ethan_dawe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:29 PM »
Hi Ross,

wrotenbe

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • RAWRF
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
I'm Will. My parents bought me HeroQuest as a kid and I've been a gamer ever since. I've been around the block with so many systems that it's pointless to list them all, but if I had to pick the top of the heap I'd say D&D, nWoD and Shadowrun were my favorites. I'm currently playing in games of Shadowrun 2nd Ed, D&D 3.5 and Swashbuckling Adventures d20. I'm also running Hunter: The Vigil and a post-apocalyptic game using the Morrow Project setting and Unisystem rules.

Oh, and just to set your mind at ease that isn't me in the picture.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »
A fellow Vigil gamer. And me thinking I was the only one out there.

Richard

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »
I'm Richard.

I harass Ross and Tom on Facebook sometimes. I also had my letter read.

Good times, that/

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
Hey all I'm Sean a college student in Michigan new to RPPR but love it I'm going back and catching up with all the actual play and I'm addicted to the New world campaign.

I have played Vampire, all D n D except 4.0 Shadow run, d 20 Modern, Star Wars and champions .
I'm a huge fan of forgotten realms. and personally would rather play D n D then any thing else out there.

Just wanted to jump on and say hi.
Kenders Rock

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42:13 PM »
Hello RPPR folks,

Like the listener above me I am also a Sean. I've been gaming since around 1996. It started with fantasy-based MUDs, and since at the time I was 13 and didn't know anything about roleplaying I basically tried to PK everyone I could (didn't always go well). Eventually I figured out that you're supposed to actually play a character. I was terrible at it for at least 2 years and probably embarrassed myself multiple times. Around high school is when I actually started playing tabletop, and that was D&D 2nd Edition. From there things only got better; In addition to 2nd Ed D&D I've played 3rd, 4th, Call of Cthulhu, Dark Matter, D20 Modern, and a new personal favorite, Dread: Tales of Terror (http://tiltingatwindmills.net/dread/index.html for info, it's so great).

I'm 26, live in the Madison WI area, and hopefully will meet some of you guys at Gen*Con this year. I've actually been a listener since early last year, and did attend last year's Gen*Con as well but it completely slipped my mind to look anyone up.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:47:36 AM by AmishNinja »

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »
My name is Andy, I am 32 and live outside Rochester, western NY.  I have three daughters that I talk about incessantly; I basically ported the oldest one directly into the Miasma game on the old boards.  (Aside - Ross, I feel awfully guilty about never statting a character.)  I love games in general, be they RPG, board games, or video games.
RPGs I have played:  D&D 2E, 3E, 3.5E; Paranoia; Amber; Whispering Vault; MechWarrior; Shadowrun; HōL
RPGs I would like to play: Call of Cthulhu; D&D 4E; Dogs in the Vineyard; Monsters and Other Childish Things; Dark Heresy (even though I looked at the rulebook and it kind of scares me - I think it can deflect small-arms fire)

Also I just finished reading the first three books of The Black Company, and I think a game in that setting could be super fun.
Oh and I listened to the Bearswarm Inspectres game, and holy crap it is hilarious.  "The Umbrella Corporation...I think they run a nursing home."
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 12:47:17 AM »
My name is Andy, I am 32 and live outside Rochester, western NY.  I have three daughters that I talk about incessantly; I basically ported the oldest one directly into the Miasma game on the old boards.  (Aside - Ross, I feel awfully guilty about never statting a character.)  I love games in general, be they RPG, board games, or video games.
RPGs I have played:  D&D 2E, 3E, 3.5E; Paranoia; Amber; Whispering Vault; MechWarrior; Shadowrun; HōL
RPGs I would like to play: Call of Cthulhu; D&D 4E; Dogs in the Vineyard; Monsters and Other Childish Things; Dark Heresy (even though I looked at the rulebook and it kind of scares me - I think it can deflect small-arms fire)

Also I just finished reading the first three books of The Black Company, and I think a game in that setting could be super fun.
Oh and I listened to the Bearswarm Inspectres game, and holy crap it is hilarious.  "The Umbrella Corporation...I think they run a nursing home."

Some RPGs can stop a bullet
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Don't feel bad about not statting a character. I should have made everyone stat their characters at the start. Oh well!

I totally forgot about the Inspectres game that I played with the Bearswarm. Do you have the link handy?

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
Inspectres, starring the inimitable America Van Buren!

The second Inspectres game, which I never got around to finishing.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:56:29 AM by Dawnsteel »
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »
Hey guys im Scott, 25 year old famiy man of nixa mo. Got 3 kids and a wife. Big into gaming been playing Magic for 15 years 10+ years in DnD Liked 3rd and 3.5e but im realy excited about 4e. We just recently got a group going for that for the first time so my level 5 dwarf pally is very fun. After listing to the Podcast here of CoC I defently want to get into some CoC games one day.

AwesomeJF

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
Hi.  I'm JF.  And on occasions, I'm Awesome.  I have an Awesome job.  I live in Montreal, Canada and work in the interactive entertainment media industry (vidio games).

I've started roleplaying in the early 80s, my first game being a french translation of the Dark Eye.  Graduated to Advanced Dungeons and Dragon, where I've learned English as a second language.

Right now, I'm running an episodic game of nWoD Mortals/Hunter with a cast of 5 players who played for a few years, but are all new to nWoD, so they know nothing about the backstory and monsters of that system.  They've faced their first ghoul last episode, and tonight it's master will start looking for it.

Ross, I need at least one episode of the New World Campaign to listen to at work while reviewing my minion's shit, or else I'm going to kill one of them in a fashion only that Cody character would be able to imagine.  Maybe that Tom character also could.  Whatever.  Please... ;D