Author Topic: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]  (Read 82390 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

Winsmith hobbles toward the briefing room thinking about how Friend Computer has obviously poisoned the minds of the Infrareds, but of course says, "Friend Computer was at least kind enough to let the Infrareds see some real fruit."
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

Winsmith hobbles toward the briefing room thinking about how Friend Computer has obviously poisoned the minds of the Infrareds, but of course says, "Friend Computer was at least kind enough to let the Infrareds see some real fruit."

As you exit the transbot you feel something drip on the back of your neck. Looking up, the charred broken body of Phillip-R-JE7-1 rolls off the top of the transport vehicle and smashes into you. This is the second time today that you have been crushed to the ground.

Suddenly, you hear the roar of jet engines as a flybot flashes overhead. A medium sized box floats to the ground connected to a parachute. The box hits the ground with a light *thump* and opens up automatically. Phillip-R-JE7-2 falls out of the delivery box, soundly asleep, cloning vat ooze still dripping off him.

OOC: Depending on how well Classy rolls for his cyborging, you might have some rather interesting prosthetic attachments.  

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:41:26 PM by Kroack »

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold will do his best to explain to Friend Computer that he did not understand the amount of clearance he had using oratory.
Rolling 1d20:
(12): Total = 12

Then he will pack up, and head towards the briefing room, attempting to not draw attention to himself.
Sneaking Rolling 1d20:
(7): Total = 7

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 11:04:28 PM »
Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold will do his best to explain to Friend Computer that he did not understand the amount of clearance he had using oratory.
Total = 12

Then he will pack up, and head towards the briefing room, attempting to not draw attention to himself.
Total = 7

You do a damn good job of convincing the computer that you are a commie mutant traitor hacker.

Realizing that trying to convince the Computer of anything is a lost cause, you try and sneak out of your living complex.

The Computer monitors you every step of the way.

STAY STILL, CITIZEN. AWAIT TERMINATION CALMLY, PLEASE.

STOP DARTING FROM SHADOW TO SHADOW.

WHY ARE YOU CROUCHING CITIZEN? ARE YOU INJURED? INGEST THESE PILLS, AND THE PAIN WILL GO AWAY.

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MUSIC WHILE YOU WAIT?

You hear an Internal Security squad behind you as they tear up the building in search of you. Suddenly all the lights in the building blow out. You manage to evade IntSec, for now. You make your way to the briefing area, arriving in time to see Phillip's replacement fall out of the sky.

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »
Cyborging

Rolling 1d20:
(20): Total = 20

Rolling 1d20:
(19): Total = 19

OOC:Do I need to add something on to show ranks I have in the skill?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:51:42 AM by Classy »

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »
Cyborging

Total = 20

Total = 19

OOC:Do I need to add something on to show ranks I have in the skill?

No, you have to roll under your skill, and you failed pretty miserably. Update later tonight.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
Cyborging

Total = 20

Total = 19

You see Winsmith hit the ground as a corpse smashes into him after exiting the transbot. You see that maybe you didn't do so well on replacing that eye and fixing up that leg. In that poorly lit transbot you grabbed for whatever looked spherical to replace the eye. Apparently, it was a grenade that you grabbed for, not an artificial targeting eyeball.

Looking down at Winsmith's legs you realize that you really weren't thinking straight in that transbot. What you thought was a form fitting bio-cast was actually a hollowed out, but still functioning, tacnuke.   

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

In a daze, Winsmith reaches for his aching head and inadvertently pulls the pin in the grenade that is his new prosthetic eye.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

In a daze, Winsmith reaches for his aching head and inadvertently pulls the pin in the grenade that is his new prosthetic eye.

You and Classy are hit by millions of pieces of Official Computer sanctioned Shrap-O-Nell! Both of you leave bloody smears on the ground as you two are completely disintegrated in the blast. The Tacnuke flies up into the air and keeps going up, it quickly becomes a dot against the gray backdrop of Alpha Complex's 5 mile high ceiling.    

Phillip-R-JE7-2's sleeping body is is propelled back into his padded crate which flies through a window in the building nearby, which coincidentally houses the briefing room. He is the only one of you to make it on time to the briefing, albeit unconscious and with a horrible headache when he wakes up.

OOC: Hahahaha. Setherick wins 10 perversity points for his amusing actions. You can use your PPs to influence other troubleshooter rolls negatively or positively. You can also cash in 5 points for a re-roll on anything/anybody. I will keep track of PPs in the OOC thread    
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:12:24 PM by Kroack »

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 10:23:27 PM »
That's when Gary-R-NBP-1 pops out of Phillip-R-JE7-2's crate to reveal he has cleverly made it to the briefing!

Conceament
Rolling 1d20:
(7): Total = 7

Happy day Friend Computer.  I have honored your wishes!  Unlike the other Troubleshooters you have called who are surely plotting against you, those Commie bastards!
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
That's when Gary-R-NBP-1 pops out of Phillip-R-JE7-2's crate to reveal he has cleverly made it to the briefing!

Conceament
Total = 7

Happy day Friend Computer.  I have honored your wishes!  Unlike the other Troubleshooters you have called who are surely plotting against you, those Commie bastards!

INDEED CITIZEN! ONLY COMMUNISTS HAVE NO SENSE OF TIME. OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE WELL SUITED FOR THE ROLL OF LOYALTY OFFICER! I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU WILL ACCEPT THIS MANDATORY POSITION AS IT IS QUITE IMPORTANT!

A vent slides open on the far side of the room. Winsmith-R-XXY-2 and Classy-R-DF7-2 shoot out of the vent and hit the opposite wall.

A moment later the vent opens up once more and a metallic briefcase flies into the briefing room as well.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith attempts to desperately dodge the metal briefcase so it doesn't hit him.

Agility
Rolling 1d20:
(11): Total = 11

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 11:20:24 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith attempts to desperately dodge the metal briefcase so it doesn't hit him.

Agility
Total = 11

You are about as fast as a dismembered cheetah. The briefcase strikes you square in the head, thankfully you don't lose your new eyes, but now you have a half pound of briefcase embedded in your skull. Even worse, it begins to move.  

TROUBLESHOOTERS, THIS BRIEFCASE IS AN UNPROTOTYPE TROUBLESHOOTING DEVICE DESIGNED BY R&D. IT IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY. IT IS CALLED BRIEFBOT. IT WILL SERVE AS YOUR BRIEFING OFFICER TODAY!

The Briefbot squawks feebly as it tries to open its case. Each time it does so, Winsmith feels an excrutiating amount of pain. The COMPUTER is not pleased at this.

CITIZEN Winsmith-R-XXY-2, WHY ARE YOU PROHIBITING YOUR BRIEFING OFFICER FROM UNDERTAKING ITS DUTIES? SHALL WE HAVE TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:22:40 PM by Kroack »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

"I'm sorry friend computer. May I make the suggestion that Briefbot move from my head to the table before proceeding?"

Suggestion
Rolling 1d20:
(10): Total = 10

Please god, let me roll well.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »
Phillip-R-JE7-1

Awaking in his couch bed and hearing the distress of his fellow Citizen and Friend Computer, Phillip snaps into action and heads over to help remove the new unprototype device.

"I believe Winsmith may have made a good suggestion, friend computer. As an untested unprototype, it is perfect and is probably running into issues functioning in its currently imperfect operating environment. I believe I can assist in relocating the BriefBot, though I have not been briefed on its operating parameters."

Suggestion - 7
Rolling 1d20:
(8): Total = 8

If Friend Computer advises me to remove the Briefbot, I will do so being very careful not to damage it. (with less concern for its current resting place)
Electrical Engineering - 14?
Rolling 1d20:
(19): Total = 19