Author Topic: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]  (Read 82408 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Alpha Complex [In Character Area]
« on: June 10, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
HAVING FUN IS MANDATORY.

Kroack

• View Profile
Re: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »
It is a pleasant daycycle in Alpha Complex. The reactor core shielding is shining, the various monitors and computer screens are chirping, and all is right with the subterranean world. That is, until you all receive a message from Friend Computer on a nearby communication unit.

Upon opening the message on the screen the following dialogue appears:

Mission Alert

Sector XXY Mission Alpha-Tengo-Bravo-Delta-Niner-A456234567
Mission Code: Longshaft
Briefing Officer: Classified
Briefing Location: Sector XXY Room 89053B

A Message from Friend Computer:

Welcome to the glorious work of troubleshooter, Citizen! As this is your first assignment, Alpha Complex shall assign you a mission that is fairly simple. The mission involves :censored: while requiring the utmost ability in the use of :censored: which will not affect your health in the slightest. I have great confidence in your abilities, this is why I shall monitor your actions and progress on this mission every step of the way. Good luck, Citizen. You are expected to be with your briefing officer within the hourcycle.

OOC: What would your characters be doing around the time they receive this communique? Where would they be?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:20:06 PM by Kroack »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:02 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

Winsmith is enjoy a pleasant meal at one of the cafeterias (or equivalent) when he gets the communique. He immediate reports to Room 89053B for briefing.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

Winsmith is enjoy a pleasant meal at one of the cafeterias (or equivalent) when he gets the communique. He immediate reports to Room 89053B for briefing.

You are about to leave the cafeteria when a GREEN official from PLC comes over the loudspeaker and grudgingly says, "Fellow Citizen, today is a... joyous... day. Due in part to the workings of the Computer and PLC mission goal "4567AU: Enhanced FunFoods for the loyal citizens of Alpha Complex" for a limited time only a Kumquat is available for purchase to all citizens."

And there it is, placed within its own special INFRARED vending machine. You have never seen a real Kumquat before. Obviously the mold and spores growing upon the half decayed fruit adds to the taste. It looks... delicious.

Unfortunately, a mob of INFRARED citizens behind you have become a stampeding horde, trampling all those in their way in order to taste the real fruit. You, are in their way.                       
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:01:04 AM by Kroack »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:05:43 AM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-1

Winsmith looks at the stampeding hoard approach, but holds his ground. While they are still several feet away, he begins to speak in a nice deep baritone, "Fellow citizens, let's not fight over this real fruit, which is obviously a special gift from Friend Computer. Instead, if we all form a queue, everyone should be able to at least get a taste of it."

I'm going to use a combination of Moxie and Oratory to try to pull this off.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:26 AM »
Okay. I'm going to let you guys do the rolling, mostly. Roll twice and label one roll as moxie and that other as oratory.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
Moxie
Rolling 1d20:
(17): Total = 17

Oratory
Rolling 1d20:
(10): Total = 10

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 03:51:04 AM »
Classy-R-DF7-1

Classy-R-DF7-1 would have overslept from last nights tinkering with various gadgets the communique would wake him, he quickly reads it Grabs some tech to mess with and rushes off too the briefing.

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:58:17 AM »
Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold will be checking his personal computer device for any abnormalities or viruses. After receiving the message, he will attempt to search on his computer to see if he can get any more information on his assignment. Then he will proceed to briefing.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »
Moxie
Total = 17

Oratory
Total = 10

Through your streetwise smarts, you determine that a quote from CPU's service document: "Lines of our Lives" would be most appropriate to stem the flood of famished INFRAREDs. You recite the quote perfectly. Unfortunately, seeing as how most CPU documents are composed entirely in Binary, nobody understands what you are saying. You are crushed to the ground by the masses. Your left leg is broken and you lose an eye.

However, once the crowd reaches the vending machine they all realize that, being INFRAREDs, nobody has enough money to buy the delicious fruit. You can easily drag yourself over and buy it, by spending a year's pay.

Classy-R-DF7-1

Classy-R-DF7-1 would have overslept from last nights tinkering with various gadgets the communique would wake him, he quickly reads it Grabs some tech to mess with and rushes off too the briefing.

After racing down the RED clearance halls to catch a ride at a transbot platform, you realize there is some sort of commotion happening in the cafeteria behind you. Turning around you see a fellow citizen lying on the ground with a broken leg. A crowd of citizen is clustered around a vending machine nearby. Suddenly the transbot arrives on station. The next transbot is due to arrive within 24 to 48 hours, if you don't catch this one you will be late for the briefing.     

Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold will be checking his personal computer device for any abnormalities or viruses. After receiving the message, he will attempt to search on his computer to see if he can get any more information on his assignment. Then he will proceed to briefing.

Data Search
Rolling 1d20:
(10): Total = 10

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »
Total = 10

Harold tries to access ORANGE clearance search programs in order to learn about the mission. Suddenly your computer screen switches off and you hear the Computer say CITIZEN, USING SEARCH PARAMETERS ABOVE YOUR CLEARANCE IS TREASON!

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Phillip-R-JE7-1

Phillip is working on a broken lighting fixture (which is obviously a perfectly functional lighting fixture Friend Computer has disabled as a training exercise) and pondering how many INFRARED citizens might be needed to repair the same lighting fixture.

He will attempt to finish repairing the light fixture and still make it to his briefing in time.

I'd think a combination of Electronics Engineering and Agility
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:29:56 PM by ArtfulShrapnel »

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
Oops. Guess I got the format wrong. I hope you don't mind my double-post.

Electrical Engineering
Rolling 1d20:
(13): Total = 13

Agility
Rolling 1d20:
(13): Total = 13

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 03:05:58 AM »
Classy-R-DF7-1

I look at the transport and then back at the totally helpless citizen this is too great I'll pick up the Citizen and try and rush him into the transbot. While were travelling the operating begins attempting too replacing nearly all of the leg with robotics and creating and eye for insertion with over 100 levels of zoom the only side effect would be the fact you get a painful electric shock whenever you use it and generally adding whatever gizmo's he has on him too the Citizen before leaning back and admiring his work.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:48:10 AM by Classy »

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Oops. Guess I got the format wrong. I hope you don't mind my double-post.

Electrical Engineering
Total = 13

Agility
Total = 13

Obviously, it is a training exercise mandated by the computer. That is why the light fixture you have to fix is suspended 10 stories over a transbot railway. The thin service walkway you are standing on has seen better days. It sways with each passing transbot and flybot. After a mighty effort to install the new lights, you finally succeed!

You are about to make your way down to safe and firm ground when you start to here a buzzing noise. Looking around you suddenly realize that you are caught in the midst of one of Alpha Complex's famous power surges. The lighting fixture you just spent 30 minutes replacing suddenly explodes and you are thrown off the side of the walkway.

As you fall your eyes dart to a large ceiling monitor that usually serves as a message board. Currently it is displaying the following text:

WARNING CITIZENS
HACKING ATTEMPT BY TRAITOR Harold-R-AJC-1 CAUSING DANGEROUS POWER SURGE
PLEASE MAINTAIN AT LEAST A 100 FOOT DISTANCE FROM ALL LIGHTING FIXTURES
HAVE A NICE DAY!

You hit a passing transbot at terminal velocity, shattering your spine, skull, ribs, legs, arms, and putting quite a large dent in the ceiling of the vehicle. You are later fined for the damages. Your clone backup is delivered directly to the briefing room.     

Classy-R-DF7-1

I look at the transport and then back at the totally helpless citizen this is too great I'll pick up the Citizen and try and rush him into the transbot. While were travelling the operating begins attempting too replacing nearly all of the leg with robotics and creating and eye for insertion with over 100 levels of zoom the only side effect would be the fact you get a painful electric shock whenever you use it and generally adding whatever gizmo's he has on him too the Citizen before leaning back and admiring his work.

Cyborging

Electrical Engineering

If someone can explain to me how too roll I'll finish my post.

The command is : dice xdy : without the spaces.

Rolling 1d20:
(16): Total = 16

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:58:18 PM by Kroack »