Author Topic: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]  (Read 83075 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Complex [In Character Area]
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

"I'm sorry friend computer. May I make the suggestion that Briefbot move from my head to the table before proceeding?"

Suggestion
Total = 10

Please god, let me roll well.

Phillip-R-JE7-1

Awaking in his couch bed and hearing the distress of his fellow Citizen and Friend Computer, Phillip snaps into action and heads over to help remove the new unprototype device.

"I believe Winsmith may have made a good suggestion, friend computer. As an untested unprototype, it is perfect and is probably running into issues functioning in its currently imperfect operating environment. I believe I can assist in relocating the BriefBot, though I have not been briefed on its operating parameters."

Suggestion - 7
Total = 8

If Friend Computer advises me to remove the Briefbot, I will do so being very careful not to damage it. (with less concern for its current resting place)
Electrical Engineering - 14?
Total = 19

VERY WELL! REMOVE THE VALUABLE ALPHA COMPLEX HARDWARE FROM THE SKULL OF YOUR FELLOW CITIZEN!

You aren't a Docbot or anything, but human anatomy isn't that different from computer anatomy, right? And if you know anything about dangerous electrical equipment, it's that brute force is always the best solution!

With a mighty effort you grab Briefbot by its handle and tear it out of Winsmith's head, not exactly in a gentle way.

The massive electrical backlash causes Winsmith's hair to catch on fire, also the left side of his skull is missing, exposing his brain to open air. But hey, Briefbot, looks okay.  

The COMPUTER chimes in again.

GOOD JOB CITIZEN Phillip-R-JE7-1. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER TO BE THE EQUIPMENT EXPERT?

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU CITIZEN Winsmith. NOT ONLY HAVE YOU STARTED A FIRE WITHIN ALPHA COMPLEX (WHICH CARRIES A HEFTY FINE) YOU ALSO HAVE POOR CRANIAL HYGIENE. CLEAN YOURSELF UP AT ONCE!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:19:18 AM by Kroack »

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:37 AM »
Phillip hopes he remembered his Computer Approved Personal Cleanliness Response Packet, which he as a Citizen of exceptional hygiene always tries to keep on hand. If he has it he will attempt to help the dazed agent Winsmith clean himself up. Since he would not wish to alarm Friend Computer with the severity of Winsmith's injuries, he will also surreptitiously attempt to patch Winsmith's skull using some handy Skele-Gel from a nearby medkit.

Hygiene 10
Rolling 1d20:
(7): Total = 7

Medical 7
Rolling 1d20:
(7): Total = 7

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 02:06:59 AM »
Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold enters the briefing room with gusto.
"Hello Friend Computer, I apologize for my tardiness, I was making sure to work off the electrical shock i received from my computer that affected my personality"

Chutzpah - 4
Rolling 1d20:
(20): Total = 20

Does that skill work for this situation? What would i use for bluff?

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 02:55:36 AM »
Classy stares into the back of Winsmiths now open skull how dare he explodes in my face after all I did for him. I carried him, I expertly operated on him and he explodes in my face how the hell did he even explode I bet he would blame it on me but noooo I know his plan Commie bastard. Take out the strongest member of the team and corrupt the rest I see what your up to. Next time you need operating on. *pats his remote explosive and laughs maniacally*

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »
Gary looks over at Harold, "Your tardiness shows blatant disrespect for Friend Computer.  I expect significantly more loyalty from you in the future.  Now volunteer for something."

Management - 6
Rolling 1d20:
(8): Total = 8

He then proceeds to try and make Winsmith's brain look much more like his face.  "Good as new!  I can barely tell that grey matter isn't your eyebrow."

Disguise - 12
Rolling 1d20:
(2): Total = 2

Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »
Phillip hopes he remembered his Computer Approved Personal Cleanliness Response Packet, which he as a Citizen of exceptional hygiene always tries to keep on hand. If he has it he will attempt to help the dazed agent Winsmith clean himself up. Since he would not wish to alarm Friend Computer with the severity of Winsmith's injuries, he will also surreptitiously attempt to patch Winsmith's skull using some handy Skele-Gel from a nearby medkit.

Hygiene 10
Total = 7

Medical 7
Total = 7

You manage to clean Winsmith up very well. There is no medkit available in the briefing room, but you don't have time to notice this because now your clothes have caught fire as well!

Harold-R-AJC-1

Harold enters the briefing room with gusto.
"Hello Friend Computer, I apologize for my tardiness, I was making sure to work off the electrical shock i received from my computer that affected my personality"

Chutzpah - 4
Total = 20

The Computer doesn't seem to notice you, you're safe for now. But what does seem to acknowldege your entrance is a tiny metallic briefcase. It... walks... up to you and slowly opens its lid. Inside you notice forms titled LONGSHAFT. The forms are green in color.

The little briefcase... says, " Please read your mission papers!"

Classy stares into the back of Winsmiths now open skull how dare he explodes in my face after all I did for him. I carried him, I expertly operated on him and he explodes in my face how the hell did he even explode I bet he would blame it on me but noooo I know his plan Commie bastard. Take out the strongest member of the team and corrupt the rest I see what your up to. Next time you need operating on. *pats his remote explosive and laughs maniacally*

Everyone in the room hears malicious cackling. Communist Cackling perhaps!

Gary looks over at Harold, "Your tardiness shows blatant disrespect for Friend Computer.  I expect significantly more loyalty from you in the future.  Now volunteer for something."

Management - 6
Total = 8

He then proceeds to try and make Winsmith's brain look much more like his face.  "Good as new!  I can barely tell that grey matter isn't your eyebrow."

Disguise - 12
Total = 2

Harold feels an insatiable need to volunteer for a mandatory position. Perhaps this is communist propaganda forcing him Harold to do something?

Gary does a fantastic job at disguising the burning flames that are now consuming two troubleshooters. Gary manages to fashion a metal cylinder around Winsmith's head. Soon, smoke begins to billow out of the top and the metal turns white. You are trying to disguise Philip when emergency sirens begin to wail inside the building.   

Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith does not feel well at all. It might be the flames burning through his skull, or the heavy bleeding, or the permanent brain damage, or the superhot volcano hat. But you are beginning to hallucinate. Suddenly everybody in the room looks like:

OOC: Although of course you have no idea who Stalin is. Also, you all are too nice to each other.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith tries to read his mission papers, but about 30 seconds later he bursts out, "You all are a bunch of commie traitors. Friend Computer we have a bunch of commies in this room."

Winsmith "deftly" reaches for his laser.

Sleight of Hand
Rolling 1d20:
(2): Total = 2
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 08:10:17 PM »
Holy crap, I actually rolled under my skill. Also,  I need to remember to type :dice xxx: when I actually want to roll dice not just :1d20:
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith tries to read his mission papers, but about 30 seconds later he bursts out, "You all are a bunch of commie traitors. Friend Computer we have a bunch of commies in this room."

Winsmith "deftly" reaches for his laser.

Sleight of Hand
Total = 2

Everybody is distracted when the COMPUTER suddenly says

ALL COMMUNISTS, PLEASE TERMINATE YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY, THANK YOU!

Nobody notices you as you get out your laser.

The flames are starting to melt your cerebrum, by the way.

OOC: Everybody remember that you are all mutants as well. Dirty rotten mutants.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:35:53 PM by Kroack »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Because of the damage to the cerebellum Winsmith is starting to lose fine motor control. He blasts randomly at the others in the room with his laser while mumbling, "Di......e... Com...un...ists."

Energy Weapons
Rolling 1d20:
(4): Total = 4

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
"Friend Computer, this commie traitor is trying to read highly classified documents beyond his clearance level!  I will terminate him immediately before he can leak this information to his communist, mutant friends!  I will also deal with Harold because I know he is thinking about it too.  Better safe than sorry."

Propaganda - 9
Rolling 1d20:
(1): Total = 1

Gary pulls his laser and tries to end Winsmith.  He also tries to kill Harold in the process.

Energy Weapons - 12
Rolling 1d20:
(17): Total = 17

Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 10:53:03 PM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Because of the damage to the cerebellum Winsmith is starting to lose fine motor control. He blasts randomly at the others in the room with his laser while mumbling, "Di......e... Com...un...ists."

Energy Weapons
Total = 4

"Friend Computer, this commie traitor is trying to read highly classified documents beyond his clearance level!  I will terminate him immediately before he can leak this information to his communist, mutant friends!  I will also deal with Harold because I know he is thinking about it too.  Better safe than sorry."

Propaganda - 9
Total = 1

Gary pulls his laser and tries to end Winsmith.  He also tries to kill Harold in the process.

Energy Weapons - 12
Total = 17

Gary is spouting off some rather poetic and extremely convincing rhetoric. Everybody, including the COMPUTER, is calmed by his simple reasoning and devotion to helping rid Alpha Complex of all traitors. Raising his weapon, Gary promises to everybody present that he will make Alpha Complex a great place for the glory of the people! Everything seems awesome and all is right with the world.

That is until Winsmith shoots a laser sized hole through Gary's chest. Bloods sprays the wall as Gary's weapon simultaneously malfunctions and explodes, blowing Gary in half.

Gary's legs are blasted away from his body and hit Harold, knocking the tardy troubleshooter off his feet.

After a brief moment of silence, the Briefbot says, "I am your briefing officer! Everybody present please take these mission forms. Failing to due so is treason!" The briefcase twitches open and close.

Everybody notices that the mission forms are green in color.        

OOC: Remember if there is something that you want to be kept private or secret from the other players, PM me. I'll be PMing all of you soon for your secret society missions and whatnot.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:55:44 PM by Kroack »

Classy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 02:56:17 AM »
Classy-R-DF7-1

Classy casually walks over to the briefing bot dropping a small explosive in Winsmiths volcano hat and diving for cover.

Demolitions-7

Rolling 1d20:
(18): Total = 18

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 08:06:35 AM »
Winsmith-R-XXY-2

Winsmith continues to blast away with his laser. His speech is no longer recognizably human.

Energy Weapons - 8
Rolling 1d20:
(12): Total = 12

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »
Classy walks up to Winsmith nonchalantly and attempts to detonate a small incendiary device he found in the transbot. Classy lights the fuse on the stick of explosives and throws it into the volcano hat. Unfortunately, or fortunately, that's when Automatic Fire-Away! Foam begins to the fill the room, putting out all fires and the explosive.

Winsmith misfires his laser but almost hits Gary-R-NBP-2 as he enters the room, looking confused and carrying a box label R&D.

Briefbot grumbles, "Now all the mission papers are covered in foam!"      

The COMPUTER finally speaks again:

REFUSING TO LISTEN TO YOUR BRIEFING OFFICER IS TREASON! YOUR OFFICER IS ALWAYS CORRECT. SUBJECTING MISSION PAPERS TO A BUBBLE BATH IS TREASON AS WELL. ALL CITIZEN, EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!

Winsmith-R-XXY-2, YOU ARE A TRAITOR. PLEASE TERMINATE YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY!

OOC: Classy I think you are now on your second clone right? So you should be Classy-R-DF7-2.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:19:06 PM by Kroack »