Author Topic: Terminator RPG  (Read 7150 times)

Feyjarl

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Terminator RPG
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »
In spite of a dire performance from "Mr breathing shallow to sound tough" (Christian Fail), I'm still a huge fan of the terminator scene.  (I'm actually kicking off a forum based game of it elsewhere!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention that I'd found a free d20 system download for it, and it's a pretty good system too!

Just in case you guys and gals care, here's the link...

http://www.terminatorfiles.com/interact/fa.../gaming_001.htm

Oh... and as a hint...  Actual Play of a Termintor genre game...   EPIC!

Feyjarl

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Terminator RPG
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
Tom used the terminator in a modern league of extraordinary gentlemen game

he is a fan of the terminators

Feyjarl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:53:15 PM »
Well I've got a game kicking off on the recruitment boards at the moment, so far I have a one person signed up, and need about 3 or 4 more.  All and sundry are welcome, so tell friend, heck, tell people that aren't your friends I just want to get the game off the ground.

Some seem to think that there is little that can be done within the Teminator 'mythos', I say 'PANTS!"  There's tonnes that can be done.  With the availability of time travel to both sides anything's possible!  What if Steve Jobs or Bill Gates were Terminators?!  :o

Anyway, enough from me, if anyone's interested please come say so on the recruitment forum (linked below), I'd be delighted to have you along.

http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=921.0

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
Tom used the terminator in a modern league of extraordinary gentlemen game

he is a fan of the terminators

i remember something about the plot of terminator and the teenage mutant ninja turtles and tom

Feyjarl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:47:19 PM »
I listened to an AP with Turdtles in it...  Loads of superheroes and villains.  Players got the chance to "phone up" whoever they wanted, they went for the A Team, MacGuiver (wtf?!), and a few others.  There was no terminator in it though - not to my memory anyway.

mathey

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »
I liked the first and second movies, but what does one DO in a Terminator game? Is it one set piece after another in which the PCs run away from killer robots from the future? And at what point do they stop being scary?

Admittedly, I ain't seen the TV show, but it seems like a kind of thin premise.

Feyjarl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
From a totally high level it's a mission with various 'things' that have to be done, and there are Terminators doing the 'things' that they have to do.  The two sides will have crossovers of interactivity and may or may not be after the opposite outcome.

I'm not going to put anything else on it as that will spoil the storyline. :-X  Suffice to say that the movies are all about "Save the cheerleader... erm, I mean save John Connor."  This isn't about that, it's about tertiary but still very important 'things'.

I hope that is sufficiently vague! *ahem*

Feyjarl