Author Topic: Beneath the Red Sun [DnD 4th Edition, 4-6 Players]  (Read 45316 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Beneath the Red Sun [DnD 4th Edition, 4-6 Players]
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 01:03:14 AM »
Obviously you guys would need to work out the specifics for your characters (how you met each other, why you began raiding, etc.), but that is a great place to start. It's a great setup, as you guys can basically play whatever the hell you want.

Don't forget that there is always a demand for skilled and easily deniable mercenaries. Even the wealthiest of individuals cannot simply do as they please - the templars are entrenched EVERYWHERE. You can run the caravan at the behest of a noble family or trade cartel (the Dune Trader is an obvious theme one or two of you can take) and take some "special" tasks to supplement your income.

Yeah, I don't know much about the themes as I haven't gotten my hands on the campaign setting yet.

What are people thinking of playing (role-wise)?  Has anyone else wanted to play a leader yet?  If not, I'll take that, otherwise I'm kind of thinking it might be fun to play a defender a bit inspired by B.A. Baracus...

Ryo

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »
It sounds a lot like a Shadowrun crew. We get ourselves a Mr Fixit and then do whatever jobs come down the pike, most likely wearing masks or the like. Our "normal" job is to run a caravan, which gets us access to places for our illegal work.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
Oh no! Does that mean you can't play if I start a Dark Sun game on the NB Forums?
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

iceemaker

• Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
People participating in this game should feel free to play whatever they wish, wherever. I am hardly the end-all, be-all GM that demands undying fealty from his players.

Hell, Neil, if you start a Dark Sun game on the NB forums I will gladly participate.
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

Ryo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »
I will also play. Such is my love of the game setting. :P One engine and dark sun would be my ideal heh

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench