Author Topic: Arna Reddune, Caravan Steward (Dwarf)  (Read 8509 times)

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
Arna Reddune, Caravan Steward (Dwarf)
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
"How much is freedom worth? Well, you need to examine your perceived value, as well as the value of your fellow slaves and the impact your leaving will have. That last part is especially important, since many slaveholders would rather kill you and increase the work load on their remaining slaves than let a slave free. Can't let radical ideas proliferate, after all."

Arna is slightly taller than the average dwarf, with jet-black hair worn in a tight bun. She prefers simple tunics and pants and the geometric jewelry characteristic of her people.

For generations, Arna's family has served the Vilendin House of merchants as accountants, bankers and even money launderers. Arna's childhood was dominated by rigorous mathematics instruction. Her teenage years were spent learning the intricacies of finance and supply. A good portion of Arna's adulthood was donated to the Vilendin merchants, keeping track of their accounts and circumventing templar bureaucracy when necessary. Arna was eventually freed from her "servitude" when it was "discovered" that the Vilendin merchant that owned her was "involved" in a "slightly less than legal financial scheme probably-definitely not set up by any of his slaves to frame him and win their freedom".

As crafty as any elf or tiefling on Athas, Arna is intimately familiar with the cost of freedom and will not tolerate any threats to her self-determination. Her extensive education in finance and mathematics helps her manage all of the caravan's supplies and income with ease. Any dubious tasks the caravan undertakes are met with eagerness by Arna, especially those that interfere with the slave trade.
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

infinitejesting

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Arna Reddune, Caravan Steward (Dwarf)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
This is great!  I can't wait to interact with all of your characters.  This is shaping up to be really fun.