Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996217 times)

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #1155 on: September 11, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »
Just in case anyone missed this announcement.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1156 on: September 11, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »
GUYS DO YOU LIKE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »
So soon.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »
GUYS GET TO THE DELOREAN.

THE BASEBALL BAT, GO GET IT.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 17, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
While I can't play this at the moment, I'm excited about the 20th anniversary release of Gabriel Knight. I think it is due out sometime this year. The last time I played that was in the mid 90s.

I had this argument with a few people when Final Fantasy 7 Came out on steam. Don't get me wrong yes the game is amazing but for fuck sake come on give us an HD remake of it, at least tone it up some don't just release the same stuff that I could play in front of my tv with an old console. Look, I love playing old games, but if I'm gonna be playing it on my PC that runs games that look simply amazing, I don't want to use graphics from 15+ years ago, Even games that focus on that as an art style at least they up it to make it look good. A company like square who re-released HD versions of Final Fantasy 1-6 on the DS should know to up the way a game from 15 years ago should look!

I personally don't eve know what Gabriel Knight is, so I'm sorry to call out a game you love, and maybe it is in an HD remake, I'm just upset that Square is lazy and other company's too. lol.

Friend of mine shares your sentiment.

As do I. They could completely remake all the Final Fantasy games in current graphical godliness and as my buddy says "They'd basically have a license to print money".

I can't imagine the kind of money a FF VI or VII remake would bring in, and playing FFVIII in a graphical style that is better than even the cinematics of the original would make me very happy.

Here is my take with the whole FF7/8 remakes. The FF7 and 8 that just came out on steam are not recent remakes, but the digital re-releases of the pc versions that came out over 10 years ago. That's why you can see some small graphical changes here and there but overall it's still the same. It's true that if they remade them for HD, Square would make money hand over foot but I can understand why they haven't yet. It wouldn't be just a small overhaul of the graphics but they would almost have to start from scratch. Since the gap in time and technology is so great from when they first came out to now.

So on steam today, FFIV fully remade... coming September 17th Lovely as hell great looking graphics intro video, the game play graphics look amazing too. why cant they do it with 7. it just disappoints me. I relay wonder if its just a license thing with Sony.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #1160 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »
That very well could be the reason, since all the updated versions have been all the Nintendo releases. I'm also surprised that the sequel for FF4 wasn't released on steam at the same time.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:35 PM »

I..

gah

... asdfj;asld

Damnit Bane you broke my brain with awesome.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 19, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
Anyone looking at Sid Meiers Beyond Earth as a possible pickup?

It's looking pretty cool so far.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 19, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »

I..

gah

... asdfj;asld

Damnit Bane you broke my brain with awesome.

GUYS, THOSE OTHER PEOPLE, GO HURT THEM

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 20, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
Anyone looking at Sid Meiers Beyond Earth as a possible pickup?

It's looking pretty cool so far.
Absolutely. As much as I like the revisionist history a game of CiV will bring, Beyond Earth looks so awesome, and it's a fresh setting (no more sodding barbarians). October looks a brilliant month for games this year.

Also started playing some Wasteland 2. It's pretty addictive. My gang of middle-aged, balding salesman; former child soldier; hick bruiser; and former raider sniper will bring peace to Arizona. Or see it burn. Whichever comes first. Honestly, though, the game feels a bit incomplete; Your group always clumps really clumsily which often sets off traps since the game doesn't tell you how to individually select dudes (or I just missed it), and the combat is a bit too simple too last the entire game. The lack of a preparation round, or at least being able to set your team up in a formation while walking around is really frustrating when you have enemies crowd the sniper because he's attached to the bruiser's buttocks. The story is a bit meh as of yet, but I have hardly scratched the surface so that could change. People have been complaining about the pricing (around 40€ on Steam), but you'll probably get more hours out of this than most modern RPGs (though that isn't saying much, is it? D: ).
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 21, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
I'm having tons of fun with Wasteland 2 as well. I backed it on the Kickstarter because they promised a return to old-school RPGs, and I have not been disappointed. This is coming from a guy who adores Fallout 1 and 2, and thought Fallout 3 was a step back for the franchise.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 22, 2014, 12:55:38 AM »
Ive been consumed by eve once again. Ive been an on off player since 06, but I've been strictly playing it for the last 3 months straight,  I haven't even touched another game lol. That being said if anyone's intrested in joining me let me know lol!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1167 on: September 22, 2014, 03:27:48 AM »
My Wasteland 2 party is Lady Gaga, HP Lovecraft, Tommy Wiseau, and Adam Scott Glancy. Saved Highpool and just cleared out the Agpool.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 22, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
My Wasteland 2 party is Lady Gaga, HP Lovecraft, Tommy Wiseau, and Adam Scott Glancy. Saved Highpool and just cleared out the Agpool.

Does ASG duel wield .50 desert eagles?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #1169 on: September 22, 2014, 12:30:48 PM »
Does ASG duel wield .50 desert eagles?

And does Tommy Wiseau have a spoon as a weapon option?