Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996242 times)

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
In my recent convalescence I played the entirety of Batman: Arkham Asylum.  I'm stuck on a mission in Red Dead Redemption and have temporarily abandoned it.  I am currently progressing through Assassin's Creed 2; interspersed with Wii Sports Resort and Lego Star Wars with my children.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
In my recent convalescence I played the entirety of Batman: Arkham Asylum.  I'm stuck on a mission in Red Dead Redemption and have temporarily abandoned it.  I am currently progressing through Assassin's Creed 2; interspersed with Wii Sports Resort and Lego Star Wars with my children.

Lego Star Wars is so much fun.  It's kind of a stupid little game, and really "easy," but it's so much fun to play with another person, especially if you start fighting for the most pieces and over characters...

Oh man, good times...

Ryo

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
I don't have much time to play during the summer. The last ones were, Borderlands, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
Quote from: Mckma
Lego Star Wars is so much fun.  It's kind of a stupid little game, and really "easy," but it's so much fun to play with another person, especially if you start fighting for the most pieces and over characters...

The other day, my wife was constantly encouraging Beth (she's seven), playing as Obi-Wan, to attack me, playing as Anakin. 

Beth does not understand why I keep murdering Jar-Jar.  (Ah, sweet, sweet catharsis.)
To be fair, she has only watched Episodes 4, 5, and 6.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
Quote from: Mckma

The other day, my wife was constantly encouraging Beth (she's seven), playing as Obi-Wan, to attack me, playing as Anakin. 

Beth does not understand why I keep murdering Jar-Jar.  (Ah, sweet, sweet catharsis.)
To be fair, she has only watched Episodes 4, 5, and 6.

I forgot about killing Jar-Jar.  I basically constantly kept him dead or dying, except for when I needed to jump (really it's not fair that they made him necessary for the jumping)...

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 01:12:08 AM »
Finishing up the post-credits play on Metroid: Other M. Decent enough, not quite the old metroid, but an interesting take. Would play another to see if they could get more out of it.

Fallout 3 - main quest & Operation: Anchorage done, just into Point Lookout, thinking about clearing The Pitt or Zeta first, though.

Debating whether or not to try for Loremaster on my oldest character before Cataclysm drops for WoW.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 11:49:56 AM »
Finishing up the post-credits play on Metroid: Other M. Decent enough, not quite the old metroid, but an interesting take. Would play another to see if they could get more out of it.

Fallout 3 - main quest & Operation: Anchorage done, just into Point Lookout, thinking about clearing The Pitt or Zeta first, though.

Debating whether or not to try for Loremaster on my oldest character before Cataclysm drops for WoW.

If you have dropped points into Energy weapons I would go with Zeta, they sheer amount of energy weapons/ammo you get will last you the rest of the game, plus you can go back and get more. It makes Energy weapons actually useful.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 12:04:08 PM »

If you have dropped points into Energy weapons I would go with Zeta, they sheer amount of energy weapons/ammo you get will last you the rest of the game, plus you can go back and get more. It makes Energy weapons actually useful.

I don't know, I wouldn't say it was a useless skill.  I had so many points from intelligence and put some there.  Plus after getting the plasma rifle from the android, that's about all I used because it worked so amazingly well...

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 06:48:21 PM »
I don't know, I wouldn't say it was a useless skill.  I had so many points from intelligence and put some there.  Plus after getting the plasma rifle from the android, that's about all I used because it worked so amazingly well...

True, I didn't mean to make it sound completely usesless, just that Zeta adds more options for Energy Weapons and really I felt like Energy weapons was kinda tacked on... Only had like 1 or 2 non unique energy weapons from what I found.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »

True, I didn't mean to make it sound completely usesless, just that Zeta adds more options for Energy Weapons and really I felt like Energy weapons was kinda tacked on... Only had like 1 or 2 non unique energy weapons from what I found.

Oh I can definitely see that.  They were definitely inferior for most of the game other than their relatively abundant ammo, but as soon as you got plasma weapons, especially that unique one, it was a good choice, Zeta definitely adds a ton of stuff though (just looking through my strategy guide, there are at least twice as many options with it)...

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »
http://www.carpefulgur.com/recettear/
You play as a cute little girl who owns an item shop in order to pay off her dad's massive loans, otherwise your fairy loanshark will take your house and make you live in a box. Plus you can befriend adventures and go on NES Zelda styled dungeon crawls. It sounds weird but its actually alot of fun, aside from the cheap fucking little girls that won't pay my huge item markups... I'm trying to pay off my loanshark dammit! >:(
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »

Oh I can definitely see that.  They were definitely inferior for most of the game other than their relatively abundant ammo, but as soon as you got plasma weapons, especially that unique one, it was a good choice, Zeta definitely adds a ton of stuff though (just looking through my strategy guide, there are at least twice as many options with it)...

Reading this thread reminded me to tack
Fallout New Vegas

to my list of "DO WANT" October 19th you cannot come fast enough.

Seejo Crux

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 10:42:45 AM »
Civilization V came out today! Now all I have to do is survive the work day and possibly find an excuse to go home early.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
Civilization V came out today! Now all I have to do is survive the work day and possibly find an excuse to go home early.

WHAT?!?! How did Civ V slip past me? Excuse me I have a phone call to make...

Doc Brown

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »

WHAT?!?! How did Civ V slip past me? Excuse me I have a phone call to make...

Free demo on steam, 3 playable civs, Ramses, Alexander, and I think Darius of Persia or something. I dled it, installed it, then was like "you know what fuck this" and bought it about an hour later, knew I was going to anyway. It looks very nice, although some of the little perks I miss. For example, when you build a wonder it doesn't do the cool building animation while Nimoy speaks.

Haven't gotten too far into it but: The grid is now a hex grid, the combat is quite a bit different, and they now have social policy trees you can unlock with culture points rather than civics (looks like a really nice system). Not sure how I feel about the combat, although I get why they did it. You can no longer have stacks of doom, or stacks of any type for that matter. Also, archers and such are now ranged units that can attack 2 squares (err, hexes) away, which changes their role as solely city defenders somewhat.