Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 1009998 times)

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
Siren definitely kicked ass, maxed out the thing that increased fire rate for smgs, with an smg with a very fast reload, low recoil and even more fire rate increase with a decent damage and the final boss on the second playthrough was dead with about 600 rounds in it before it could even get a hit in.

I think Borderlands ruined Fallout for me though, trying to play New Vegas and it just seems horribly clunky compared to Borderlands, even though I know they're not really the same type of game I can't help but compare them, and BL wins for me.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »
Siren definitely kicked ass, maxed out the thing that increased fire rate for smgs, with an smg with a very fast reload, low recoil and even more fire rate increase with a decent damage and the final boss on the second playthrough was dead with about 600 rounds in it before it could even get a hit in.

I think Borderlands ruined Fallout for me though, trying to play New Vegas and it just seems horribly clunky compared to Borderlands, even though I know they're not really the same type of game I can't help but compare them, and BL wins for me.

That's why I always used the VATS system.  That and it was normally more accurate than I was.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
Im finding myself having to use VATS alot more then in Fallout 3, probably cause I'm using a controller instead of the mouse.  I'd switch to the mouse when I want more precise aiming...but you can't do that in NV, because...umm, because...oh right, no good god damn reason.

Oh well, New Vegas now crashes everytime it loads my savegame, that + annoying control issue + no multi-gpu support and crappy performance + not very atmospheric or fun compared to F3 (at least I think so) = I guess I'm not playing it anymore.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:08:15 PM by Joven »

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:30 PM »
Im finding myself having to use VATS alot more then in Fallout 3, probably cause I'm using a controller instead of the mouse.  I'd switch to the mouse when I want more precise aiming...but you can't do that in NV, because...umm, because...oh right, no good god damn reason.

Oh well, New Vegas now crashes everytime it loads my savegame, that + annoying control issue + no multi-gpu support and crappy performance + not very atmospheric or fun compared to F3 (at least I think so) = I guess I'm not playing it anymore.

I have been feeling that same lack of ummph that Fallout 3 had in its characters, but I like the radio station alot because its really really old country and well that is neat. I am going to stick it out a bit longer and see where it takes me.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
I've been playing the shit out of it.
The reason I put down Fallout 3 was because Dogmeat and the Paladin BoS lady vanished one time while fast traveling and I could never get them back. It was awful.

New Vegas is treating me right, I know I'm not about to ACCIDENTALY beat the game by completing quests. And I'm liking the Bing and Sinatra tunes more than that one lady that hipsters listen to from Fo3. Not only that but New Vegas feels more fallouty to me. Hardcore mode is not really hardcore- I'm still shuffling toasters and sensor modules between companions and I but I'm still engrossed in the game.

We'll see if I'm still playing in a month though.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
I'm playing Amnesia The Dark Descent and let me tell you, it is fucking crazy to play it in the dark with the headphones at their highest, as my underwear would confirm. :(

Other than that, I recently finished Fallout New Vegas (twice, doing one ending then going to an earlier save and doing another ending.) and I'm also playing some more Arma 2 and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »
Recently played:
Halo Reach (not as good as ODST, which I think is my favorite Halo, but ok)
Fable 3 (kinda dull, not changed enough from 2, stopped halfway through)
Killzone 2 (crap)
Modnation Racers (didn't like it)
Lost Planet 2 (complete crap)
Heavy Rain (only got half an hour in and the game broke)
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time (good, but I think I liked Tools of Destruction better)
Gothic 4 (crap)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light (was ok, not as good as Torchlight though)
Medal of Honor (I liked it, although I think reviews for it are kinda lackluster)
Blade Kitten (liked it, although the voice acting could have been better, kinda reminded me of old Genesis games I used to like)

Currently playing - DeathSpank (so far really good)

I think I just don't have much patience for defects of games.

siriq

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »
on pc
masters of magic - I will never stop playing this game, been playing since it came out in 94
fallout NV
worms reloaded - just a new verson of an old classic.  I still like to bust out the original from time to time.  I remember getting a cd demo of this game and have never stopped playing it. 
league of legends if anyone plays and is lvl 30 my name is Siriq

Fallout NV has only crashed a hand full of times for me.  I like the story much better than FO 3. 

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »
Team Fortress 2 - I've played it for the last three years pretty regularly.
Left 4 Dead 2 - Play with friends occasionly.
Killing Floor - Ditto.
Deadly Premonition - The worst greatest game ever made by mortal hands.
New Vegas - I sort of burned out on it when it was released because I froze so much, it really put me off. But I went back and am now really enjoying the game.
Dragon Age Origins - I really loved KOTOR and delayed buying this until last week, when I saw how cheap the Ultimate edition which includes all expansions and DLC was I couldn't resist getting it.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »
Anybody down for doing some of the Killing Floor holiday stuff over the next few weeks?

Looking to get me some achievements...

Darksaw

• I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Anybody down for doing some of the Killing Floor holiday stuff over the next few weeks?

Yeah sure, the servers are acting up a bit right now but add me on steam if you like.

Steam account name: midness

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
Sam and I bought, played, and beat the X-Men Arcade game on PSN tonight. Anyone wanna play online? My PSN name is catharticlobster

Otherwise, I'm playing Red Dead Undead Nightmare
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »
I've been playing Star Trek Online almost nonstop after work. I get on skype with 3 of my buddies and we BS and fight and do missions on Elite and bitch when we all wipe, but we really dont care.

My buddy is a huge trekkie and I also have a fondness for trek so we got a few others to play as well, the game is surprisingly fun when its not bugging out.

I got in on the Beta for DCUO on PC but everytime I play my computer over heats within 30 minutes. So I have given up on it for now, but it is super fun otherwise.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

ethan_dawe

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Moved up to a state-of-the-art game..... Ultima V

Actually got Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 off of steam. :-)

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
Moved up to a state-of-the-art game..... Ultima V

Actually got Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 off of steam. :-)

Will hopefully be updating my computer in the next few days to try and play these two on the Mac partition (why it requires the newest OS, I don't know)...