Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996239 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2010/12/14/the-twisted-christmas-event-starts-now/

I played 1 game of KF on the new map - Xmas tunes + those things = nightmare fuel

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
Anybody down for doing some of the Killing Floor holiday stuff over the next few weeks?

Yeah sure, the servers are acting up a bit right now but add me on steam if you like.

Steam account name: midness

Sure hit me up
Steam account name: Woogiewoo OR Sgt trip hazard (on the Rppr steam group)

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2010, 12:15:45 AM »
Apparently the Evil Santas Lair map has a memory leak, so it's extremely hard to play a Long game to completion without freezing. Which has happened to a couple of friends and me a few times now.

Also, BC2:V is great

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:21:52 AM by Darksaw »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »
Look daddy they made horrifying war/killing/death fun again.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
Look daddy they made horrifying war/killing/death fun again.

I have the same ambivalent feeling about war games set in Vietnam as the son of a Vietnam vet, but it could also be the fact that the US lost that war, a war that the US didn't really need to be in anyway, and the games tend to celebrate our involvement in it.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »
I just started playing the ps3 beta for DCUO, so far its ok, but as to be expected a bit repetitive, this far.  Also the costume options and power select stuff is nowhere near as good as Champions is.   I probably won't get the full game though.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »
Power selection and Costumes may not be better but as far as gameplay goes Champions was crap. I'd take City of Heroes anyday.

I like DCUO on the PC so far, but true it is fairly repetative, but thats all MMO's at this point. Grind grind grind grind grind ad nauseum
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »
I liked Champions combat more that CoX, but then again i had a controller for when i got champions.  DCUO combat is much more fun and fitting for a superhero game.  But again the costume and power selection were so much better in champions...but this has characters i actually care about.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Visual novel style of game, 4th in the Phoenix Wright series, does some pretty cool things.

But the 3rd case drives me absolutely nuts, as there's a plot-hole large enough to drive a behemoth through, and it's one the characters all call attention to.

'The victim was killed with a .45 caliber revolver! This gun puts so much strain on the shooter, it could dislocate an untrained person's shoulder!'

The suspect: A 14 year old, frail pianist boy who weighs 120 pounds tops, if soaking wet and inside a wet denim bag.     

First off, they could tell if he fired it just by looking at his HANDS which would be bruised and yadda yadda. Not to mention 'how did he get the gun from the six foot seven three hundred pound monster of a bodyguard' in the first place. Or many other things that just don't work.  >=[

Oh, speaking of Champions. I loved it. Was my first MMO, even. Got my bad-ass catgirl gunslinger to level 40, went 'yeah, ok, I'm done', and quit. Fun times, especially the zombie apocalypse PVP matches. :D
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
Yeah, Phoenix Wright went downhill after the first game.  There are equal times that I had no idea what I was supposed to do and times that I had figured out the case, but not in the way that I was supposed to.

I've been playing the shit out the Humble Indie Bundle, moreso now because they put the first bundle into it (which includes Lugaru).  I may or may not have also gotten Secret of the Magic Crystals in a bundle and started playing it because OMG IT HAS UNICORNS AND YOU CAN TOTALLY PET THEM.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »
Yeah, Phoenix Wright went downhill after the first game.  There are equal times that I had no idea what I was supposed to do and times that I had figured out the case, but not in the way that I was supposed to.

I've been playing the shit out the Humble Indie Bundle, moreso now because they put the first bundle into it (which includes Lugaru).  I may or may not have also gotten Secret of the Magic Crystals in a bundle and started playing it because OMG IT HAS UNICORNS AND YOU CAN TOTALLY PET THEM.

Funnily enough, I disagree. I think it only went uphill, in that the logic threads you need to follow get much, much, much less arcane. The original Ace Attorney had some stuff that just made no sense. I can't think of any examples that really stick out, but the latest game, Ace Attorney Investigations, Miles Edgeworth, is a beautiful game.

The logic threads 'Present Gun with No Fingerprints On It to prove killer was wearing costume and therefore would not leave fingerprints, unlike everyone else' are much easier to follow, it has gotten rid of the aggravating wandering around between court cases and looking at everything and presenting every item to every person, and so on.

The cases themselves though, have, I think, gotten a bit weaker as they go on. Compare say, 1-5 with 4-3, and it's not even a contest as to which the better case is.

Also, Lugaru is pretty neat.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
Yeah, that was my issue with all the Ace Attorney games, either trying to prove something different or trying to prove something a few steps ahead (like presenting a piece of evidence before it had been hinted at and getting penalized or not doing it in just the right way)...

Anyway, I'm going to be playing a bunch of new games since the HIB 2 has now had the HIB 1 added to it if you pay above the average contribution (7.42 and rising)...

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 04:39:22 AM »
Just finished a huge set of matches with a friend of mine in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Something about consistently being stomped by pink Yoshi, pink Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff makes him rage so hard, I have no idea why.

Ah, I love Brawl so much. It's fun. Especially Jigglypuff. Or as I like to call her, 'the floating pink death machine'. =>

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
I'm replaying Clive Barker's "Jericho" right now.

Best horror premise in a videogame ever.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
I reinstalled Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project to dick around with when taking breaks from writing.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read