Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996216 times)

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #600 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »
I recently purchased a copy of Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for the Xbox, and for the most part it hasn't left my 360.
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 06, 2012, 12:42:38 PM »
Playing Soul Cal V on ps3 and acadamagica (aka "Yer a wizard: the game") on the pc.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #602 on: February 06, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »
I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 to lead me into Mass Effect 3. Probably play it a few times to have different save files to load into the next one.

Also playing Starfarer, a pretty cool space game that's in alpha right now. When they get to the next version it's going to be a full space sim but right now it's just some pre-set missions. Still fun.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 to lead me into Mass Effect 3. Probably play it a few times to have different save files to load into the next one.

Also playing Starfarer, a pretty cool space game that's in alpha right now. When they get to the next version it's going to be a full space sim but right now it's just some pre-set missions. Still fun.

Got a link for that Starfarer game? Sounds fun
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #604 on: February 06, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

It's a 2D game with some pretty nice sprite designs. The company is using a set up similar to Minecraft: you buy in at a low price now (I think it's 10 dollars) to play around and help fund the company, and you get the updates (and eventually the full game) without having to pay more.

As is it's a series of stock encounters. The promise is that eventually you'll be able to do a great amount of customizing and outfitting on a range of ship types with a focus on empire building.

The game isn't a full RTS though, you take actual control over one of the ships under your command and operate it using key commands, managing weaponry, raising and lowering shields, venting built up radiation, etc. I'm looking forward to the next step in the developement.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 06, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »

It's a 2D game with some pretty nice sprite designs. The company is using a set up similar to Minecraft: you buy in at a low price now (I think it's 10 dollars) to play around and help fund the company, and you get the updates (and eventually the full game) without having to pay more.

As is it's a series of stock encounters. The promise is that eventually you'll be able to do a great amount of customizing and outfitting on a range of ship types with a focus on empire building.

The game isn't a full RTS though, you take actual control over one of the ships under your command and operate it using key commands, managing weaponry, raising and lowering shields, venting built up radiation, etc. I'm looking forward to the next step in the developement.

Looks interesting. Keep us informed when it gets out of alpha.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

DUDE!!!! THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!

Alexander

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 07, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
Started The Darkness II.  It's like Tom Church wrote the concept of the main character.  Pretty slick so far.

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
I finally decided I'm not going to find every car in LA Noire. Overall I liked the game, but the story makes a few weird narrative choices halfway through the arson desk, and I don't think that Cole's motives made any sense at all.

Anyway. For my next trick, I will now attempt to finish Mass Effect 2!

(Cue the awkward moment when you try and figure out what the hell you were doing five months ago.)
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »
Well, looks like Kingdoms of Amalur is replacing all the video games I'm currently playing.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
I finally decided I'm not going to find every car in LA Noire. Overall I liked the game, but the story makes a few weird narrative choices halfway through the arson desk, and I don't think that Cole's motives made any sense at all.

Anyway. For my next trick, I will now attempt to finish Mass Effect 2!

(Cue the awkward moment when you try and figure out what the hell you were doing five months ago.)

Eh, just restart it.  That's what I always do...

And probably why I never finish games that I don't play obsessively over the summer...

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #611 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Been playin' Towns. It is a dwarf Fortress Lite, isometric graphics. Currently in Alpha, its a blast. I've managed to starve two colonies to death. I recommend playing through the tutorial. I think there is a demo too. http://www.desura.com/games/towns

Be warned! it is a time vampire (in the best possible way)
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »
Beat The Darkness II a few days ago. Good game, rather short though. I'd give it about an 8.5 outta 10.

Startin' on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Graphically buggy as hell, tons of pop-in, lots of lipsynch errors, but uh, as long as it isn't ascii, I really don't give a damn about graphics, and the gameplay is pretty fun.

The stage design creeps me out a bit though; it reminds me of 'what if World of Warcraft had gameplay?'

So, Hallway Effect 3 and Silent Hill Downpour, not to mention Ninja Gaiden 3 and Armored Core V comes out next month. Anyone lookin' forward to that?

Downpour, I think, is the one I'm most interested in. After reading through the design philosophies and hearing the designers talk about how they wanted to approach the game, it has some real potential to be great.

I'll probably pick up Convenient Waist-High Boxes Effect 3 too, if only for more Jennifer Hale.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »

Eh, just restart it.  That's what I always do...

And probably why I never finish games that I don't play obsessively over the summer...

Oh man, I have so many many many games that I have started but not finished, and a whole mess more that I haven't even started yet! It's becoming a serious problem.
Should I list them as a form of admitting that I have a problem?

Started but not finished:

Mass Effect 2
Darksiders
Red Dead Redemption
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Shadow Complex
Bastion
The Gunstringer
Mark of the Ninja
Dead Island
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 3
From Dust
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Gravity Rush
Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes

Purchased but not started:
Gears of War 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Lost Planet 2
Halo: ODST
Spec Ops: The Line
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Saints Row 3

Collections I've played part of on earlier consoles, then purchased again for No Damn Good Reason, and still haven't played:
God of War 1 & 2 HD
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD
MGS Collection (I think it's 2, 3, and Peacewalker)
Metroid Trilogy

Difficulty Resisting:
Skyrim
Iron Brigade
Child of Eden
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:57:30 PM by Dawnsteel »
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
^Looks kind of like my list.  You know just those impulse Steam buys, they add up...