Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996189 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:53 AM »
I teared up pretty good when I heard, I've played the game on and off for 7 years. That's a large commitment that I'm sad to lose.

I have had the opposite reaction however. I took some pictures and whatnot but now I'm all but logged off completely.

I might jump on, my global is

@James Porter
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 12, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
My laptop comes back from repairs tomorrow, and I was planning on shelling out for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, because I'd been playing on my friend's PS3, but then I heard about City of Heroes going under.
It's the only MMO I ever seriously played for more than a few days, so I'll be downloading the client and getting some supering in before they shut the lights off in November.

PC version of Dark Souls is unplayable without a gamepad, is FPS locked to about 30 fps, and limited to. . .I forget, but it's a crappy resolution too.

The are mods to fix this (already), but just thought you might want to know beforehand.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #737 on: September 12, 2012, 12:09:23 PM »
If you own a Wii and enjoy western style JRPGs then I recommend Last Story. It's a fun game with a simple core mechanic and alot of fun. Well designed, interesting characters fill the game. The armor system is alot of fun as well.

The game has about seven armor models that can be upgraded directly (armor, armor+1, armor+2, etc) with roughly balanced stats at equal upgrade levels. At certain thesholds the armor model changes, adding new visual elements to the model. Players can freely change the color of individual pieces of the outfit (many of the "armors" are just clothing outfits) and can choose to remove some pieces without altering the stats on the armor. This lets you make characters look visually appealing to you since the changes carry over into all the game's video sequences.

For awhile I had my main character running around town in a bright pink men's shirt with no under shirt.

Also, Orcs Must Die 2. Great tower defense style game. Has co-op, endless mode, and a fairly challenging story mode.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
My laptop comes back from repairs tomorrow, and I was planning on shelling out for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, because I'd been playing on my friend's PS3, but then I heard about City of Heroes going under.
It's the only MMO I ever seriously played for more than a few days, so I'll be downloading the client and getting some supering in before they shut the lights off in November.

PC version of Dark Souls is unplayable without a gamepad, is FPS locked to about 30 fps, and limited to. . .I forget, but it's a crappy resolution too.

The are mods to fix this (already), but just thought you might want to know beforehand.

All of this, plus Games For Windows Live. If you have a gamepad, manage to configure GFWL and you download the resolution mod,  it is a very worthwhile experience.

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 12, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »
Aware of all three, but thanks for the head's up. Anyway, this is all contingent on my laptop actually coming back in working order, which according to UPS we will be able to confirm or deny later today. Fingers crossed.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 16, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »
Currently playing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and FTL. Both are very difficult games that will probably make you rage at times... but you just come back ten minutes later itching to play some more.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 16, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Been seeing a pretty big increase in slender games, Slendermans shadow series being a very interesting take on a cat and mouse find the items types of game.

http://www.slendermansshadow.com/index.htm
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:07:05 PM by review cultist »
Liquid Water?

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »
Been taking a break from League of Legends to not take it so hard if I lose.

Rekindled my love of killing floor, mount and blade warband and magicka.All games I bought because of this podcast. I got most of my friends playing killing floor now as well so huzzah.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 17, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Been seeing a pretty big increase in slender games, Slendermans shadow series being a very interesting take on a cat and mouse find the items types of game.

Slenderman will become the next 'zombies'.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
A RPPR listener gifted me a copy of Warhammer 40k: Space Marine a while ago so I finally got around to beating it. Fun gameplay but some frustrating parts in the single player campaign. Also pretty bland level design - the backdrops are interesting but every level is made up of wide open spaces - move from room to room to fight orks and/or chaos.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2012, 02:01:17 PM »
A friend bought me Guild Wars 2 so I'd be guilted into playing with him. It's fun, probably the longest any MMO has held my attention (coming up on a week).

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »

Slenderman will become the next 'zombies'.

That is a very good possibility.
Liquid Water?

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
Three hours of FTL, had a run where I ran out of fuel and was overtaken by the pursuing fleet. The game told me,
You spot a rebel ship likely to be carrying fuel reserves. You order the attack. You can still pull this off.
I managed to destroy the tender and salvage three units of fuel, then spent the next two jumps evading the fleet until I could jump clear.
I made it through the next two sectors, but then I got boarded by mantises (they get combat bonuses). In running from them, I inadvertently exposed my door controls to hard vacuum, and then the mantis ship blew up those controls. So I can't close the airlock, and I can't repair the doors because my crew is dying of asphyxiation. Oops.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 18, 2012, 07:32:42 AM »
Yeah I wanna buy ftl. And that story just makes me want it more! Sounds exciting like dwarf fort, without the hard commands. Still love dwarf fort going on a fort now that has lasted for 5-6 years.

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

I love this game.