Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996214 times)

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #1245 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
What's the ETA on the DG kickstarter? I know I'm going to splurge on some ridiculous high-end pledge level already.

It is suppose to be September some time but the Arc Dream folks are not Pelgrane so I expect some possible wiggle in that schedule. They still have three weeks and for all I know it could have gone live even as we speak.

P.S. - I am quite fond of the Arc Dream folks so no disrespect intended.

Dennis Detwiller has been making threatening facebook post about the kickstarter, so it should be happening.

Also... WHOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH HOOOOOOOOOOO WORDS THAT KILL! WOULD YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME?
I've been playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid V.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 09, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
Started playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth again, and it's definitely one of those "just one more run" games....

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 09, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
Just started of Tell Tale's lastest installment of Tales From The Boarderland.
Some poeple were kinda meh about this, but I dig it.  It certainly isn't on par with a Wolf Among Us, but not much is.

Morbid

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 16, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »
What's the ETA on the DG kickstarter? I know I'm going to splurge on some ridiculous high-end pledge level already.

It is suppose to be September some time but the Arc Dream folks are not Pelgrane so I expect some possible wiggle in that schedule. They still have three weeks and for all I know it could have gone live even as we speak.

P.S. - I am quite fond of the Arc Dream folks so no disrespect intended.

Even Pelgrane slipped a bit with the start of the Dracula Dossier KS.  I am super excited for the DG one, but I've been waiting a couple years already...

After getting frustrated with the kinda-sorta real-time combat of Pillars of Eternity, I decided to finally just play X-Com Enemy Unknown for the first time.  It has a very Delta Green-y feel to me - governments versus aliens, casualties expected - and the gameplay is really smooth.

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #1249 on: September 16, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
Been playing through Terraria again. Haven't played in years, but with all the updates combined with sweet, sweet cheevos I thought I'd run through it again. Still enjoying it! Just started Hardmode after killing the Queen Bee approximately 40-50 times so I could have my Honeyed Goggles and Bee Mount. Low rate treasure spawns are the worst.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Alethea

• View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #1250 on: October 05, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
Just started playing This War of Mine on Steam. Very good depressing survival game - inspired by the war in Ukraine if I recall correctly.

Not recommended for anyone who'd like to avoid being depressed.
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 08, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »
Darkest Dungeon is now on sale on Steam. Will definitely pick it up. Is the soundtrack worth getting too?

EDIT: nevermind, I bought this and boy am I glad I got the soundtrack version - music is excellent.

Did I hear rightly that the latest patch changed some stuff that some people don't like?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:46:30 AM by PirateLawyer »

Thorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 10, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »
Thanks Pirate, I was meaning to pick that up.

Currently playing Star Wars Battlefront Beta.

Morbid

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 14, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
Darkest Dungeon is now on sale on Steam. Will definitely pick it up. Is the soundtrack worth getting too?

EDIT: nevermind, I bought this and boy am I glad I got the soundtrack version - music is excellent.

Did I hear rightly that the latest patch changed some stuff that some people don't like?

I''m not sure if it was the last patch, but Caleb and Ross talked about it on GDW.   You can also see some more .. passionate discussion in the Steam Reviews.  The two changes were Heart Attacks (if your heroes get too mentally stressed, they can simply die from a heart attack) and enemy corpses.  Enemy corpses make it so your melee guys can't attack enemies in the back until they destroy the corpse of defeated enemies.

I just got the game in the Steam sale and the enemy corpse mode seems .. not fun at all.  I'm already thinking of turning it off, which you can do in the options menu. 

I also got Undertale, which is delightful and about as far from Darkest Dungeons as you can get in terms of tone.  We've actually played a lot more Undertale. 

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #1254 on: October 15, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
Cool, I haven't played Darkest Dungeon since that patch dropped. I think the corpse ought to be a good change; it'll make repositioning attacks more useful than they were before, and nerf some of the most abusive stun-locking strategies that I discovered (Barbaric Yawp! so OP).

I quit playing it because I managed to get my core party out ahead of the difficulty curve, at which point it got easy and lost a lot of the tension. I should give it a new go.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 22, 2015, 12:27:05 AM »
Played a bit of Sword Coast Legends story mode.

It's got the Baldurs Gate feel  I like in these games, not sure how much i'm gonna like multiplayer. I hope the dungeon crawls are fun.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Claive

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »
I just assume that everyone is too busy playing Fallout 4 to post that they are playing it...
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #1257 on: November 30, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »
Being late to the Payday 2 party myself. Rather like the console versions of the DLC amirite  :P

Remember: DarkestAdam for all your EnforcerMind needs. (PS4 only atm)

Also I need to get back on the Darkest Dungeon wagon (carriage?).

Finally getting on top of some anxiety problems. Has left me rather behind I'm afraid.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 30, 2015, 07:59:50 PM »
I goddamn wish I was playing fallout 4.  But getting in Red Markets Beta comments comes first and I can't even get to that because of other things recently.

Time typing fixes all wounds I suppose.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 30, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
I've started playing "Destiny" (burrowed off a buddy to see what it's "campaign" was all about.) Surprised how much more Halo this game feels then Halo 5 does. Well it feels more like the original Halo trilogy than the new trilogy has for me.

I guess it make sense since it's by Bungie too. XP
Liquid Water?