Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996154 times)

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #1275 on: January 03, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
More games should let you play cephalopod people in formal suits.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 04, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »
Playing a bit of the Long Dark in sandbox. Having a good time and given the snowy weather we have had in Portland seemed thematically appropriate. Some annoying things but over all enjoyable.

HapexIndustries

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 16, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »
My goal (not resolution, mind you) for this year is to play more of the weird titles I've picked up in bundles and deals over the last 5 years, so I've spent the last couple weeks experiencing some pretty weird shit, along with some big name stuff.

THE GOOD

Fallout 4
Same as most of you, probably.  Played for 80 hrs, got to level 46, got the badguy ending, stopped playing.  I could go on at incredible length about the pros and cons of the game but in the end I clearly enjoyed it, I played it for 80 fucking hours in two weeks.  I will say this, though, I hated myself the whole time.  Not ME me, but the ingame character me.  What a fucking loser I am.  8.75/10

Downwell
EXCELLENT action-roguelite vertical scrolling shooter (vertical as in down) with pixel graphics in a variety of style (the initial pallete is black, white and red but you unlock new ones) with persistent elements.  The controls are amazingly tight, the gameplay is surprisingly addictive and the difficulty is unsurprisingly high.  You're a guy that jumps down a hole and fights to the bottom of a pit using only his "gunboots."  Lots of upgrades, decent level and enemy variety, incredibly addictive.  8.5/10

Mercenary Kings
Interesting sidescrolling shooter, pretty much an open-world Metal Slug with crafting.  Surprisingly easy to pick up and play.  Recommended for fans of Metal Slug that wished the game lasted more than 2 hrs or whatever.  Can be a little repetitive (you play through the same levels multiple times with different objectives) but your ability to control your upgrades (armor, knife, 'biomods', and a gun composed of 5 or so individual parts) keeps it kinda fresh.  Probably gets really hard (I only got maybe 10% in so far) but still worth a look.  Also available on console.  8.5/10

Rebel Galaxy
A very fun space combat/trading game that plays wonderfully with a controller.  Despite quite unrealistically taking place on a single plane (ie, there is no z-axis/vertical movement) the combat is satisfying (and comparable to the ship to ship combat in Assassin's Creed 3 and 4).  6 hrs in I haven't left the first area but I've upgraded my ship 4 times, and my onboard systems probably twice that any times.  Kinda similar to Elite if it didn't take 20 hrs to make enough to buy a new ship.  The soundtrack bears mentioning, its some weird scifi/country/metal hybrid, and it's pretty good, but there's only 8 tracks or so and they WILL get old.  8.5/10

Card Hunter
Surprisingly good F2P browser based strategy roleplaying game with a really really cool 1st Ed DnD art style.  The combat revolves around playing cards, and the cards in your deck are determined by your equipped items.  There is clearly a bit of play to win chicanery but I had several hours of fun with it without paying a dollar (and then got the Starter Set, 14$ value, for a couple cents in a bundle); paying money gives better quest rewards and access to other areas.  I am mostly opposed to this kind of thing but I can't help but like Card Hunter. 7.5/10

Finding Teddy
Minimalist pixel graphics point'n'click adventure game about a little girl that travels into a fantasy world through her wardrobe in search of her teddy bear (which was stolen by a giant spider).  Fun, not too difficult (unless you're an achievement completionist), some cool musical puzzles and some really brutal death scenes.  Nothing special but an enjoyable diversion and I think it's on mobile as well.  7.5/10

Hand of Fate
I really like this game.  It's a unique hybrid of several genres: levels are created randomly using cards from a deck that is predetermined, events occur that rely on a mixture of luck and observation, combat is basically Arkham Asylum/Assassins Creed, your character can equip items/abilities from a pool of cards you choose.  It takes forever to describe but you'll understand in a couple seconds if you watch a video.  There is a Campaign and an Endless mode, and a lot of free DLC (as well as one paid expansion, I believe).  This one is on consoles as well.  9/10

Underrail
I barely played this but it was clear from the start that this is the Fallout 3 that fans of the original were looking for.  Well, maybe not literally (I'm sure the writing and setting aren't quite as good) but this postapocalyptic isometric CRPG is pretty sweet.  Very very oldschool.  8.5/10

Life is Strange
This game turned me off immediately with some cringey dialog and the worst intro song of any game I've ever played (and in fact I found the music to be pretty fucking awful throughout) but a good friend recommended I power past the first 10 minutes to the game beyond and it was worth it.  The game plays out kind of like  Telltale adventure (Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones) wherein you control the main character, walking them around in third person, looking at things and talking to people.  The gimmick is you are a teenage girl (ehhhhhhhh) with time control powers (ehhhhhhhh) and 'your decisions matter'.  Despite involving two of my least favorite story elements, and the acoustic indie soundtrack that I hate, and being largely about highschool students (least favorite demographic after college students), the game is quite good.  It would have to be for me to keep playing after those first 10 minutes, jesus christ.  Also, the graphics are very very good.  I'm only 40% through but I'll admit, the fucking game made me cry.  On consoles as well.  8.5/10

Contradiction
This is a modern FMV (full motion video) adventure game, a competent throwback to the best of the FMV adventures from the late 90s/early 00s.  The acting is quite good, the story/mystery is interesting, and the interface isn't too bad.  There are some interface glitches but nothing serious (at this point).  Gameplay consists of walking around a town (in abstract, by clicking on a map/places on the screen), talking to people, collecting items, and trying to find contradictions in what people tell you.  The gameplay is not totally different from the Phoenix Wright games (though it is a bit different), a series I enjoy, so I liked this game quite a bit.  It's not long, and it's not for everyone, but it's probably the best FMV game I ever played after Under A Killing Moon. 8/10

Hatoful Boyfriend
Yeah, this is the pigeon dating game.  Honestly, it's not even that, it's a Visual Novel, arguably the lowest form of vidya, and it lacks some of the bells and whistles modern VN games can have, but the writing and localization are top notch and the stories are bizarre, funny, touching, and disturbing.  You're the first human (female) to attend St Pigeonation, a private school for intelligent birds (there is a whole backstory to why the birds are intelligent and can speak, I'm not gonna spoil it).  There are 15 or so endings and they are almost all off the fucking wall.  After you unlock all the main endings you can access the other half of the game which is a rather long mystery story.  The 'game' elements are incredibly limited; for those unfamiliar, you spend almost all of your time reading and clicking through dialog (Visual Novels are pretty much like anime without the animation, or manga that consists of the same 25 art assets used over and over).  And it ruins your Steam Exploration (all it would suggest to me for the last week was VNs, most of which are terrible) as well.  Regardless, if you know what you're getting into and want to read a bizarre story this is a pretty great one. 8/10

Avian Attorney
After playing Hatoful Boyfriend and Contradiction I still hadn't gotten my fill of dialog based logic puzzles or anthropomorphic birds (which is odd because I hate birds in real life), so I picked this up.  It's pretty much exactly what I figured: Phoenix Wright with birds.  The writing is surprisingly good, the art is EXCELLENT (if you're into 19th century style pen and ink sketches of animals in period clothing), but the game proper has some bugs and issues.  I finished the first case (of 5 I believe) and liked it a lot.  It's a bit pricey for what it is but worth it if you can't get enough of these types of games (having played all the Phoenix Wright games, as well as the Harvey Birdman game, I guess that's me). 8/10

Lego Marvel Superheroes
The best of the Lego games, in my opinion.  Runs great, looks great.  The formula of past Lego games remains pretty much unchanged; third person action platforming with some puzzles and shooting elements all with a Lego (and Marvel) motif.  Really sweet open-world hub area, dozens of characters to unlock, interesting abilities, decent flight model (for the flying characters).  I was genuinely surprised by how good this is.  Probably needs a controller to enjoy properly, and is also on console. 8.5/10

THE INTERESTING BUT FLAWED

IlluminASCII
Weird rogue-lite FPS, very very indie.  The levels are randomly generated, you are a @, the enemies are big letters with names like ROBOTIC ARMADILLO or TERRIFYING PUPPY, and your goal is to collect clues on some levels, bomb parts on others.  Amusing (a lot of meme and popculture references) for a bit but lacking sufficient depth to justify a purchase for most.  5/10

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux)
The (Redux) thing means I played the rerelease, which has superior graphics and supposedly less backtracking.  After checking a walkthrough, I think the puzzles were altered a bit as well.  Anyway, TVoEC(R) is a first person adventure game ('walking simulator') in which you have poorly explained 'powers' (like psychometry and, I dunno, the ability to see souls and some other stuff) investigating the disappearance of the titular character.  The game states right off the bat that it doesn't hold your hand, which would be fine, except the game mechanics are not particularly obvious or intuitive.  The mechanics were obtuse enough that I totally failed to understand how to solve the second puzzle (and probably solved the first by accident).  I ended up checking a walkthrough and the mechanics are SIMPLE and could have been summarized with a single sentence, but without that sentence I had no idea what to do.  However, upon solving the puzzle some of the game's actual story played out and it was so fucking weird and compelling that I'm gonna keep playing.  This one is on console as well, I think. 7/10, maybe higher or lower by the time I finish.

Tharsis
A single player boardgame style game (released just a couple days ago) about the first manned mission to Mars.  Disaster strikes your spaceship and you have to do what you can to survive, which means repairing damaged systems, generating food, healing injuries, etc.  In game terms, it means rolling dice and choosing how to 'use' them.  The game's systems are too complex to go into (they involve holding dice for later, malluses that cause dice to be lost or locked, counters to those malluses, regeneration of dice, yadayadayada) but the game is totally reliant on chance.  That's not so bad, really, and is partially offset by choosing how to use your dice wisely, but the RNG will fuck you at some point, probably, and fuck you hard.  The game isn't bad, but it's not great either.  I'll play it until I beat it and probably never play it again. 6/10

Detective Grimoire
A point'n'click adventure game with stylish cartoon graphics, this one is not bad, even pretty good, but mostly forgettable.  It's hard to recommend when there are so many great point'n'clicks out there.  The mechanics are sound, and there are some original ideas here.  Honestly, if the interface had made one or two tweaks I'd have put it in the GOOD list, but the dialog interface unnecessarily requires you to reopen a window every single fucking time you ask about something, which wouldn't even be that bad except that characters only interact with a couple items out of several dozen, but you HAVE to try each item with each character, so opening that window every fucking time gets old fast.  Stupid mistake on the developers' part.  Voice acting is surprisingly good, art is charming, lead character is kind of boring.  6.5/10

THE ONES I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND

Tembo the Elephant
Pretty much Sonic the Hedgehog but an elephant.  The game manages to give a decent impression of speed, and it's pretty cool when you're crashing through stuff at breakneck speeds, but then the little dude you're racing toward shoots a giant bullet at you and you have .000001 seconds to jump over it... not fun.  In fact, it kind of feels like the gameplay is inherently flawed.  I have no doubt it's possible to play and even master the game, but I don't think either of those things would be fun.  Too bad, the art style is nice.  Screen tearing was a bit extreme, though, and the FPS was locked.  Playing with a keyboard would probably give arthritis as well.  On console.  5/10

99 Spirits
A computer JRPG with some unique and interesting mechanics mired by painfully repetitious combat.  You fight evil spirits with a magic sword in what amounts to an incredibly simplistic QTE (attack or defend) over and over, charging up gems with every hit or block, and using those gems to either determine the nature of the spirit (words pop up over it like 'chopping', 'food,' 'wood,' 'holding objects' or big capital letters pop up like CK, TH, EA which help identify the spirit) or to identify the spirit (using the clues and the capital letters).  When you identify the spirit you literally type it's name in, like HATCHET or BOWL, and then the pink cloud you were fighting becomes a demonic form of that object... and you get to fight it again.  If the combat was 3x faster it would be playable, 5x faster maybe even fun, but I was bored of it within an hour as it is.  Too bad, the story is interesting and the concept is original, but I ain't got 2 minutes to spend on every enemy in an RPG.  If you have incredible patience or an opiate addiction maybe it's the right pace.

Culling of the Cows
Would be a decent Flash game to play for free but not worth paying for.  Typical row defense game, you are a farmer defending your barn from insane?evil?zombie? cows, which come in waves.  A timewaster, I guess, but there's a million of these for free. On the upside, it seemed to work fine and wasn't totally hideous, but I couldn't recommend it.  5/10

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 17, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »
After getting embarrassingly frustrated by Alien: Isolation's save system, I tossed the game into the void in favor of Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs is super fun.  GTA + Burnout + Feng Shui = yay

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 18, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Because it was on sale I picked up Payday 2. I am so laughably bad at it.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #1280 on: January 22, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
Yakuza 5. Been elbow deep in it for a few weeks now. It's a brawler RPG with tons of side questing and an interesting main plot. While you'll get more from the game if you've play the others, you can still enjoy this one if you haven't. It's a PS3 download only game and supporting it now makes it more likely Sega will continue to translate the series.

Thorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 22, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Great game man.

Redroverone

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 23, 2016, 06:36:48 AM »
Nobunaga's Ambition owns my soul now. If I win as Kakizaki, I will be totally surprised.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 23, 2016, 06:08:29 PM »
words

Thanks for the write ups Hapex. These were useful!

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 29, 2016, 04:48:38 PM »
I found a Lovecraftian Roguelike! 

Infra Arcana http://oryxdesignlab.com/infra-arcana/

Infra Arcana is a Roguelike set in the early 20th century. The goal is to explore the lair of a dreaded cult called The Church of Starry Wisdom. Buried deep beneath their hallowed grounds lies an artifact called The Shining Trapezohedron - a window to all secrets of the universe. Your ultimate goal is to unearth this artifact.

The theme and inspiration for this game comes mainly from the horror fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft. There is a Lore section on this site that describes some of his mythology. The game also draws flavor from various B-horror movies, as well as the first-person shooter PC game Blood.

Infra Arcana adheres to the virtues of the Roguelike genre - high replay value and challenging tactical gameplay.

The tileset and sounds are appropriately spooky.  Along with managing your health, you also have a spirit stat that functions as an integrated mana/second health bar. Casting spells costs spirit. Some monsters can strictly attack spirit. If your spirit reaches zero, you die.   

Instead of a hunger mechanic there is an sanity mechanic.  Sanity is broken down into two meters: Shock and Insanity, each on a 0-100% scale.

Enter a darkened room without a light source or see a cosmic being, you gain shock.  Wait too long around a level and you will begin to accrue shock as well.  Once shock reaches 100% you have a minor mental breakdown that can be anything from making noise because you are gibbering to having shadows appear and stalk you.  Upon reaching 100% shock resets to 0% and Insanity increases by a certain amount. If insanity reaches 100%, you die.  Reach the stairs for the next level however and your shock meter is set to zero, encouraging you to explore efficiently. 

Currently you can be a War Veteran, Rogue, or Occultist.  I recommend Rogue for your first few times since you start with a cloaking spell to escape enemies. 

In my second game I got cursed for kicking open the slab to an ancient tomb, grabbed a Tommy gun and unloaded drum after drum into Keziah Mason until the foul witch fell, found out that chopping apart reanimated corpses with an axe is a great way to gain shock way too quickly, drank an insight potion and identified an eldrich artifact that scattered my opponents around the level, threw knives at gun wielding cultists with varying success, watched an infected wound become diseased because I couldn't treat the wound in time oh god oh god the zombies beat down the door I spiked, and threw a bunch of dynamite at Major Clapham-Lee and his undead hoard only to eventually fall to their clutches.

Also, it's free.

Infra Arcana received an update!

Gameplay
* Added more monsters
* Added invisibility property
* Ghost-type monsters and Polyps are invisible.
* New Potions: Invisibility and See Invisible (can see all invisible and sneaking monsters, prevents blindness)
* Bumping an unseen monster (sneaking or invisible) that you are unaware of no longer performs a melee attack, instead it prints a message such as �There is someone here!�, and makes you aware of the monster (you see it as a �!� on the map)
* New background: Ghoul
* New property: Infravision (the Ghoul background starts with this, and many monsters has it), which allows you to see infra-visible creatures in the dark
* Made several changes to how traps work - most importantly, when they activate there is usually a delay of a couple of turns from when they activate until the effect occurs - this means that you can (sometimes) avoid the effect by moving away from the trap
* Added command [R] for organizing Colt magazines (the game will reload your wielded or readied Colt, or move single rounds between magazines, whichever is better)
* Added command [N] to make noise (for luring monsters)
* Monsters fighting each other now generates sounds (�I hear fighting.�)
* Unequipping any item spends a turn
* Critical misses for melee attacks (1% chance normally) now cause various bad things to happen, such as becoming exhausted, or dropping the weapon
* Disarming traps gives a small amount of XP
* Potions of Fortitude no longer cures all insanity symptoms (phobias, etc), instead they only heal one random symptom
* There is now a delay when quaffing Potion of Descent until the effect happens
* Changed Potion of Antidote to Potion of Curing, which acts like a light version of Potion of Healing
* All Potions are now guaranteed to identify when you drink them
* Added new item class �Rods� - these are similar to Devices, except they never break or malfunction, and instead have a cooldown time before they can be used again
* The Wound system (which was removed in v17) is now back again - when you take heavy damage in one hit you receive a Wound - each wound reduces your fighting abilities, maximum HP, and HP regeneration rate - wounds can be healed with the Medical Bag
* Chests are never made of iron until at least dungeon level 3
* Added more traits
* The Melee Fighter skills now also gives extra damage (in addition to better hit chances), Master Marksman (the final Marksman skill) gives extra ranged damage
* The Mobile trait now only makes every third step a free action (instead of every second step)
* Walking in liquids stops Burning
* You can no longer read scrolls in darkness
* Items which in the previous version raised your shock when carried/equiped (such as Jewelry or the Mi-go armor) now raise your insanity instead (as long as you keep the item).
* Removed cold damage, and all items/monsters related to it
* Removed Potion of Frenzy
* Added Frenzy as an insanity symptom
* Braziers light up cells around them, and can be kicked over to do fire damage in a small area (similar to a small molotov explosion)
* The Spirit traits now also gives spell resistance - a harmful spell cast on you will be blocked, then it takes a certain number of turns to regain spell resistance
* Any melee weapon can now be thrown
* New spell: Animate Weapons - causes melee weapons to rise into the air and protect you (after a while they will drop to the ground and become normal weapons again)
* Added more Insanity symptoms

Interface
* Migrated to SDL2 (fullscreen mode may work better for you now, if you had problems with this before)
* In window mode, the window is created centered on the screen
* In some menus, options can now be selected directly with letter keys
* Page Up / Page Down can now be used in menus to jump to the top/bottom (if menu fits on screen), or to the previous/next screen (if menu takes up multiple screens)
* The [a] command is no longer a shortcut for Medical Bag and Electric Lantern, instead it opens a filtered inventory view only showing items which can be Applied (read, quaffed, activated, ignited, etc)
* Changed Inventory key to instead of [w]
* [w] is now used for kicking/bashing instead of [q] (*Wham*)
* Intrinsic properties that lasts indefinitely are now spelled with upper case (e.g. you can be �DISEASED� or �Diseased�), to clarify that waiting will not end the effect
* Added an option for using symbols such as a heart for Hit Points, and a brain for Insanity in the interface (the old text based way is the default option)
* Reworked background and trait picking screens
* Removed the [D] command for jamming doors - instead using the �Close� command [c] on an already closed door will now attempt to jam it
* Removed uppercase [X] command, and instead made lowercase
  • bring up the spell selection menu (instead of re-casting previous spell)

* Added another typewriter font
* There is now a log of �historic events� (such as identifying a potion, or killing a unique monster) viewable from the character info screen or from the game info screen after the game is over
* If you are Dexterous, the turncount is marked green on turns where you will get a free step
* The monster description pages shows more information (e.g. how many turns they will remember you, how frightening they are, and also their current properties such as terrified, burning, flying, etc)
* Added more sound effects (events and ambient sounds)
* While aiming aiming, the marker shows if the path goes through any seen blocking cells

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #1285 on: January 30, 2016, 02:16:26 AM »
Ooh, good reason for me to start playing Infra Arcana again -- once Darkest Dungeon gets too easy. :)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 19, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
Just finished Firewatch and while I enjoyed it quite a lot it is a very short game (I finished in just under 5 hours and I was taking my time) so I would actual recommend waiting till it is on sale but it has some of the best voice acting I have experienced in a game.

Also I have just purchased The Witness and going to give that a whirl this weekend.

HapexIndustries

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 19, 2016, 10:33:42 PM »
Currently enjoying:

XCOM2

Despite its terrible optimization and questionable release state I'm having a lot of fun with this.  Playing with the Steam controller, loving it.

Downwell

Incredibly fun oldschool style vertical (as in DOWN) scrolling platform shooter.

Edna and Harvey: The Breakout

Cute, surprisingly dark (and surprisingly rough) cartoony point n click adventure from Daedalus, better known for the Deponia series, about a girl and her talking stuffed rabbit escaping from an asylum.

Tharsis

Single player boardgame-style PC game, Tharsis is an incredibly frustrating game of chance and planning revolving around the crew of the first manned mission to Mars experiencing... troubles during the voyage through space.  There is cannibalism involved...  Anyway, 14 playthroughs and not one win yet.

Knights of Pen and Paper +1

Been playing this at work because it's slow paced (turn based) and pretty simple, in fact I think it might be a mobile port.  Anyway, it's a... ok timewaster RPG that plays on pop scifi/fantasy/gaming tropes, especially DnD.

Monster Loves You

Another 'at work' game, this is a cutesy and simplistic 'life sim' where you start as a baby monster and have to make decisions and such to grow up as you want to.  Good for what it is, I guess.  And the art is pretty cool in a storybook way.  I dunno, I just like monsters.

RymdResa

Minimalist space exploration game from indie dev in Sweden, I rather like this somewhat bizarre, surprisingly dark, and initially infuriating little game.  It's very complicated despite the simple graphics and gameplay, and its not for everyone, and omg is it frustrating in the beginning, but I've dropped probably 6 hrs on it so far and have yet to beat it.  The price is a bit high, though.

Sentinels of the Multiverse

PC game translation of the single player/co-op NOT COLLECTIBLE card game where made up comic book characters do battle.  The art design is... ok, but the mechanics are great.  I somehow got the season pass and am currently overwhelmed by the options and reading the wiki on wtf to do.  Since I did not like the last 2 years of vidya Magic this has been the best thing since.

Borderlands 2

It's Borderlands.  Again.  With better writing and graphics and enemy variety and stuff.  Also, dat grind.  I guess I just wanted to shoot something, tbqh fam.  Oh I also wanted to play Tales of the Borderlands and was advised there are major spoilers for BL2 so I figured I'd play it first.  And then I got bored, 12 hrs later.

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Excellent rhythm roguelike that you don't have to have rhythm to play.

Starward Rogue

I bought this because I felt bad for the developer, Arcen Games, who ended up laying off most of its staff after this failed to sell well, despite really good reviews (99% positive right now on Steam).  It's a scifi roguelike twinstick shooter with some persistent elements and is sort of a spinoff from Last Federation.  It's not really my thing, a bit too twitchy/actiony, but it's quality and I supported some people I care for so it was money well spent imo.

Organ Trail

Oregon Trail after the zombicaust, with more action bits.  Mostly playable with a controller, each game I played ended when my station wagon ran out of gas.  Good fun for a bit.

Game of Thrones

More Games of Thronesy than the last season of Game of Thrones.  Frustrating just like the show, occasionally shocking just like the show, I managed to utterly fail to save my house.  Probably just like if I tried irl.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #1288 on: February 21, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
Have returned to playing PS4 Payday 2 in time for the announcement that we'll finally get some new content.

Have started playing Diablo 3 for when I need semi mindless entertainment.

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #1289 on: February 21, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
Been replaying games recently; literally and figuratively.

I hadn't played Darkest Dungeon since it was still in early access. At first I was afraid of the updates, but I feel they're balanced so that it adds more strategy. Glad I came back.

I loved The Binding of Isaac, but never bothered updating to Rebirth / Afterbirth. Once it dipped during the Lunar New Year sale I bit the bullet and bought it. It's not terribly different mechanically, but the new content makes it worth it. Though cursed items can die in a fire.

One of my good friends is a competitive fighting game player, so I played quite a bit of Streer Fighter V at his place. I like fighting games, but not enough to purchase it 'til they release the single player stuff; especially if I'm gonna have to buy the Fallout 4 Season Pass to save $30 bucks. I DO have Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, so I have been playing that a bit.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!