RPPR Episode 23: Halloween Tricks and Treats

Horror deserves more than one episode, so we’re going to keep talking about it. We cover everything from foreshadowing scares to some of the best and worst horror games we’ve been in. If you want to improve on terrifying players, grab from our bag of tricks and treats.

Music: More number stations from the Conet Project

Shout outs:
Dead Space: Insanely freaky 360 game
Fatal Frame 1: Another freaky survival horror video game
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
Book of Unremitting Horror

10 comments for “RPPR Episode 23: Halloween Tricks and Treats

1. Vincent
    October 30, 2008 at 8:23 pm

YOU GOT TO PLAY WRAITH?!! AAARRGH I AM SO JEALOUS!

2. Vincent
    October 30, 2008 at 8:27 pm

One REEALLY good soundtack I use for horror is a various artist compilation called Death Odors. If anyone needs some music I can try to e-mail you an mp3 or two . . . or is that possible?

3. Richard Tufts
    October 31, 2008 at 9:51 pm

I’m glad to see Dead Space got a shout out.

I’ll also look into that ‘Book of Unremitting Horror”

4. Akiira
    November 3, 2008 at 1:24 am

glad to see you hate naruto and bleach, they give anime a bad name but cmon how can you not like akira?

5. November 3, 2008 at 2:03 am

For the record, I do like Akira. Tom doesn’t though.

6. Parintachin
    November 3, 2008 at 7:50 am

No. No I do not. Motorcycles, destruction and “TETSUO!” notwithstanding.

7. November 8, 2008 at 9:47 am

Can’t wait for more actual plays! Good luck on the anime theme, baka-gaijin!

8. Paul
    November 10, 2008 at 1:26 am

I picked up the Book of Unremitting Horror and am currently running my group thought i senerio inside

*SPOILERS*
    They are about half way throught it. the problem i have is making sure to give them all the ghosts ands clues as the story is a bit spread out throught the house, but so far they do not even suspect the Jack Duffy or Mobster involvment.

9. Seanathon
    November 10, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Some more good horror gaming music I’ve found is pretty much anything by Midnight Syndicate. They’re one of the leaders in ambient music for spook houses and the like. Another excellent soundtrack is the one for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which has lots of tracks of eerie ambient background noise for the dungeons.

10. Nick
    April 22, 2010 at 12:47 am

I’ll admit, the opening of this podcast scared me. Here’s why:

I just finish listening to episode 22. I figure I don’t care too much to listen to the rest of the conet project play. I hit start on this episode to get it going and realize “Crap, I forgot to hit stop on the last one” so I hit pause and yet the conet project doesn’t stop running. I’m sitting here a bit like “why in the hell didn’t it end!?” and then I realized it was this episode’s opening which blended in perfectly and subtly with the ending of last episode.