RPPR Presents: My Immortal

My Immortal is one of the most infamous fanfictions on the Internet. Cody reads the first four chapters, the opening of a goffik epic.  I can’t really add on to that. Prepare for the darkest, most dramatic saga of this generation. Or not.

Liked it? Take a second to support RPPR on Patreon!

30 comments for “RPPR Presents: My Immortal

1. Boyos
    January 27, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Cody sounds hot as a goth chick!

2. Paul
    January 28, 2010 at 12:13 am

what kind of distortion are you using, its really good, the one you used on the little fears AP was really good too.

3. January 28, 2010 at 12:19 am

Garageband has a male to female vocal transformer plugin.

I didn’t use any effects on the Little Fears AP. That was a real girl.

4. Beej
    January 28, 2010 at 12:31 am

Cody, that was delightful. Now how long did it take to record that? You could tell you were barely holding it together toward the end between chapters. Bravo sir.

Ross, have Bill read a story with that voice thing.

5. Aaron
    January 28, 2010 at 4:43 am

You have no idea how hard it was not to laugh. Cody is a master for managing to get through that in one take. A feat I don’t think I could accomplish given the source material.

6. January 28, 2010 at 7:49 am

I choose to interpret my inability to listen to the entirety of this piece as evidence you did a superlative job recreating the reading experience in the aural medium.

7. January 28, 2010 at 9:59 am

We did the whole thing in one take. Personally, i love that my voice cracks in a couple of places and I also love that you can hear Jason laughing in the background every once in awhile.

8. Jonnygadfly
    January 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm

That was fucking great!

9. January 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Tyler,

You didn’t listen to the whole thing? You have to listen to chapter 4! it’s the best part!!!!

10. Anonymous
    January 28, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Wow. Good one. Rats off to ya!

11. BobCat
    January 28, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Wow, Cody, you kicked the ASS of Master Fanfic Theater’s reading, mostly because you can emote.

12. January 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Holy. Shit.

13. Sacrath
    January 28, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Why? Why would you do this to me? Now I have to send it to others to temper my pain with theirs. This is all on your head.

14. Mckma
    January 29, 2010 at 12:05 am

Is there any possibility of hearing an unmodified one? I am curious to hear Cody’s unmodified inflections. I really like the author’s notes with Cody’s unbelievably monotone voice while reading and the snickering in the background…

By the way, nice job on the background sounds Ross.

(Favorite lines, talking about sensitive talk in a mosh pit and then sensitively holding each other in a mosh pit. Can’t really see that happening in any mosh pit I’ve seen.)

15. Richard Tufts
    January 29, 2010 at 9:22 am

I listened to this and I wanted to shoot myself. Thanks Cody!

16. Kroack
    January 29, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Dis is da goolest fanfic I hav eber lisdtened to. Thanx RPPR

17. Paul
    January 31, 2010 at 5:51 am

Hmmm… it just sounded in the little fears AP that the vocals were slightly tweaked up an octave, but listing to the first few minutes I think it may just be a lack of bass in the audio in general

18. January 31, 2010 at 2:08 pm

The Little Fears APwas recorded with a cheap Olympus voice recorder so it has lower quality than the ones I record with the Zoom H2.

19. January 31, 2010 at 5:44 pm

God, my brain hurts. Took me three tries but I managed to listen to the whole thing. I seldom have felt such hate as I do for this collection of words.

20. Fridrik
    February 1, 2010 at 8:06 am

That made me physically ill. I had to delete the episode after listening to it. Just to make sure I never listened to it by accident again.

All in all I think you guys have succeeded in what you set out to do. Make the most horrible fan fiction possible. I would rather have a philosophy lecture from Cthulhu then hear any more from that Marry Sue…Sorry Ebony.

Good work

21. AmishNinja
    February 3, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I feel like that fanfic has to be a troll. It’s like the author went out of her way to misspell the comments between the chapters. And if you disagree with me, then dnt flam me u ttly menz prep.

22. February 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Well the author thanks someone for fixing her spelling in the story so I assume the comments between each chapter were not ‘edited’ like the main text.

I can see it being a troll or as a sincere fanfic. Doesn’t matter to me.

23. AmishNinja
    February 4, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Well, I hope there’s more to come. Cody emotes really well.

Oh my fucking god!

24. LeonWinters
    February 9, 2010 at 10:13 am

Omfg dis is such a great storey. thx u so much for this cody. fangs to u
    666 .bloody.kisses.

Nah. That was fucking great, it made me happy. Where I pee.

25. Siriq
    February 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm

LOL AWESOME!!! i tried to click the link provided at my work and it was blocked citing ” Hatred and Intolerance.”

26. February 20, 2010 at 9:58 am

Hatred and intolerance?! No!!!!

This is absolutely a labor of love with nothing but the best of intentions. I am hurt internets filter.

27. Siriq
    February 20, 2010 at 9:35 pm

LOL no not the actual recording, this link
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/My_Immortal was filtered

28. February 21, 2010 at 2:58 am

Well, that’s pretty fair to be honest. If I had to pick a single ‘hatred and intolerance’ website, encyclopedia dramatica would be it. They are pretty goddamn hateful, which is why it’s so funny.

29. AmishNinja
    February 22, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Ayup, Encyclopedia Dramatica is hateful to the point of being a parody of itself.

30. jaredT
    November 9, 2011 at 3:37 am

OMG that is the funniest shit ive ever had the pleasure of listening to … i mean it was terrible but its like troll 2 its so terrible you have to convince yourself they were bad to be funny …