RPPR Episode 41: The Smoking d20By
Zombies of the World: a web series from RPPR co-host Ross Payton. Visit the Zombies of the World website and tell your friends about it!
The Codex of War: A New World Campaign PDF ransom is up! Donate now to make sure we meet the goal!
Synopsis: Running a mystery based game is far different than an action based game. Tom has realized this after running several Call of Cthulhu games so we decided that talking about the differences in structure from an action to an investigative game would be a good topic for the show. We go over how to prepare a mystery game, what you should read to learn more about them and how to run them. If you want to see how I run a mystery that I created myself, check out the AP I just posted, The Arcadia Signal. Instead of a letter from Tom (since he is too busy playing Mass Effect 2 to write one), I read an excerpt from the utterly hilarious novel, How I became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely.
Shout outs below the fold.
- Soma FM Mission Control: Chillax music and live audio from the ISS. Groovy! (Thanks Patrick F!)
- Skin Deep: A webcomic about monsters, set in the Ozarks.
- Stuck and The Killing Room: Two decent horror/thriller movies.
- Beyond the Pale: A Jim Gaffigan comedy album.
- Playborg Photographers: A Greg Stolze short fiction ransom
- This Kenneth Hite blog post – great design advice for all you rpg writers
- Sleepyhead – an amazing and HAPPY music video using only old archival footage. Great editing!
- Hanna is not a Boy’s Name: A webcomic also about monsters. This one has zombies.
- How I became a famous novelist: The funniest fucking novel I’ve ever read.