Synopsis: Science fiction is an under appreciated genre in role playing games. Fantasy (Dungeons and Dragons) and horror (World of Darkness) dominate RPGs and most of the popular sci-fi games out there aren’t really science fiction or are horribly anachronistic. Tom and I discuss the state of science fiction and how it is different than fantasy or horror. As the literature of ideas, sci-fi should play differently than other genres. Everything from thematic content to the design of the game should be affected. We also have a letter from Tom, shout outs, an anecdote and reader letters.
- Phenomena: A dreamlike horror fairy tale from Dario Argento.
- Dinosaur Rap: A Whitest Kids You Know comedy sketch
- The Found Footage Festival: The most bizarre and surreal videos of the past. Behold the Clown Ministry and weep
- Unspeakable! A podcast about Call of Cthulhu and Delta Green. Episode 1 is online
- Magicka: Nippon and Marshlands: new DLC for Magicka
- Risking it all: Pakistan – documentary about the risks truck drivers make in the treacherous mountains of Pakistan.
- Black Black Jobs: First scenario anthology for The Laundry RPG