RPPR Episode 69: Critique of CthulhuBy
Synopsis: Call of Cthulhu is an institution of role playing, but few gamers truly appreciate it for what it is. Tom, Caleb and I break down the game mechanics, meta-game issues and themes of the Cthulhu Mythos in order to explain the good, bad and ugly of this venerable game. Many players dismiss Call of Cthulhu as a very rigid and narrowly focused game, but it offers a far richer gaming experience if you know how to play and more importantly run this game right!. Tom also has a letter, shout outs and an anecdote!
- Instant City: A study in urban sprawl, globalization and politics.
- The Tunnel: Freaky horror movie with an urban exploration angle.
- Maniac Mansion 2: A classic adventure game with a twisted sense of humor.
- Horse ebooks: The funniest twitter account in existence. Too many horses. Throw a horse away.
- Fake iphone text: Generate iphone conversations as a handout in games.
- Parker: The Outfit: Hardboiled crime graphic novel. Great art and dialogue.
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: IT IS RUINED FOREVER WTF
- The Movies: A video game about making movies. ACTION
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Gary Oldman says so much in so few words. Brilliant spy movie.