RPPR Episode 70: There are Monsters in the School TomBy
As an RPPR experiment, the fine folks at Subscriptorium have created a transcript of this episode. If you like having a transcript of RPPR, please let us know!
RPPR is now listed on Stitcher, the mobile podcasting app for Android and iOS. If you don’t like iTunes, give Stitcher a look. It’s free.
Original RPPR video content is on the way, with a special 3d intro made by Tobyn Manthorpe of Cedar Hills Games. We’ll post an update when our first video is up.
Synopsis: Monsters and Other Childish Things is a game near and dear to my heart. It was my introduction to the One Roll Engine and the source game for my first two books, Curriculum of Conspiracy and Road Trip. So in this episode, Tom and I discuss playing the game. It’s a great system but it has several quirks that take some getting used to such as role playing two characters at once. After we discuss playing, I go into a Skype roundtable with Matt Campen and Nathan Knapp from the Drunk and the Ugly podcast over running Monsters and Other Childish Things. Plus a letter from Tom, shout outs and an anecdote!
- American Barbarian: Great post-apocalyptic webcomic with Jack Kirby-esque art
- Chopping Mall: Robots kill people in a shopping mall. Oh, the 1980s.
- The Abaddon: Surreal existential webcomic with great art.
- The Lost Skeleton Returns Again: A sequel to the Lost Skeleton of Cadavera and utterly hilarious
- Fatale: Ed Brubaker’s horror/noir comic
- Terror Within: Post-apocalyptic 1989 horror movie about mutants killing people.
- Bone Wires: Free cyberpunk mystery serial with some Lovecraftian elements