News: Caleb’s added a stretch goal for his No Security Kickstarter. Check it out.
We’ve also added a few guest games on RPPR Actual Play. What do you think of them?
Synopsis: Kickstarter, the new crowdfunding platform and social network, has taken the gaming world by storm. Both video and tabletop game developers have used Kickstarter to fund games like a sequel to the classic CRPG Wasteland to a tabletop RPG based on Meso-American mythology. Also, Dolphin based RPGs. Of course, this has led to criticism of the site, as some believe that it’s only a fad or that backers or project creators are being ripped off by Kickstarter. So in this episode, we talk about our views on this recent wave of crowdfunding games. No letter from Tom but we do have anecdotes and shout outs.
- Kick Saver: Site that shows you Kickstarters about to end that only need a little more money to succeed. Save that Kickstarter!
- RPG Kickstarters: A Tumblr that lists new tabletop RPG Kickstarters
- Shit Starter: The worst Kickstarters, for your entertainment and D:
- Kicktraq: New stat tracking tool for Kickstarter
- City of Clocks: A Fantasy systemless setting from RPPR friend James Knevitt.
- The Silent City: A new zombie web series that will premiere on July 1. Made possible by Kickstarter
- CLANG: Real swordfighting? In my computer game? It’s more likely than you think.
Music: three guesses man.