RPPR Episode 78: Base Raiding 101

News: Base Raiders, the new RPPR Kickstarter is now online. Contribute now! Learn more at the Base Raiders website.

Take the Zombie Survival Quiz at Zombies of the World

Former RPPR regular Cody Walker has his own Kickstarter up for Noir City, a comic book. Check it out!

The RPPR crew is just terrible at Artemis Spaceship Simulator. Watch!

Synopsis: The newest RPPR Project, Base Raiders, is about dungeon crawling in a world of superheroes. But many players find that type of game boring. Dungeons are usually thought of as endless stone corridors, populated with traps and monsters but a dungeon can be so much more. You can use them in practically any genre, even modern ones. Tom and I discuss how modern ruins and abandoned places can be made into exciting dungeons for your games and what makes an evocative dungeon versus a boring one. We even design a modern dungeon on the fly for your use. Hopefully this episode will give you a new perspective on dungeons.

Tom has a letter of course, and I talk about my experiences playtesting the new Dungeons and Dragons system.

Shout outs:

Music: The Descent by Kevin MacLeod

7 comments for “RPPR Episode 78: Base Raiding 101

1. October 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Woot, sounds awesome. Wish you luck man.

2. Thaddeus
    October 19, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Oh, the sweet barbecue of my hometown.
    Well– off the city closest to my hometown, anyway.

Also: you didn’t put a link to the Artemis video here, you monster.

Also, also: are you going to post our less-than-finest hours in the other Artemis missions as well?

3. October 20, 2012 at 12:23 am

I updated the show notes with the link to the Artemis video.

I can post another of the Artemis missions if I get sufficient feedback. What say you, the fans?

4. The Fans
    October 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

WE SAY YEA

5. Review Cultist
    October 22, 2012 at 5:02 pm

To justify the whole building a big sophisticated tomb for one guy, The pyramids of Giza? Did they not supposedly take years or decade to build post-mortem of the king?

Just heard that part of the episode from Tom and thought I should throw that out there.

6. Boyos
    October 23, 2012 at 1:06 am

Yes, very yes to more Artemis! Also where can we go to sample these fine 19th place sausages! I love hot links and sausages!