RPPR Episode 82: Back That Story UpBy
News: I’ve redesigned Raillery as a Video Game Actual Play podcast/Youtube channel. Check out our new videos! In Base Raiders news, the Pariah ebook has been released to Kickstarter backers. It will be made available on Amazon and Smashwords in the near future for people that missed the Kickstarter.
RPPR is pleased to announce a Know Evil Fan Creation Contest! Between now and the end of the Know Evil Eclipse Phase campaign on RPPR Actual Play, any fan that submits a bit of fan art or fan fiction will be entered into a contest to win a Know Evil poster, signed by Caleb, Ross and other RPPR regulars! Read this thread on the RPPR forums for more details.
Synopsis: Player character back stories and motivations are a tricky subject in RPGs. Meta gaming motivations or creating inappropriate or useless back stories an hinder a game. Tom is out of town, so Caleb, Aaron, and I discuss our thoughts on player motivations vs PC motivations and back stories in general. We also have shout outs and Caleb shares a special anecdote about the ‘Fun Factory’.
- The Phantom of Wilson Creek: A RPPR listener, Max Writer on our forums, published this monograph through Chaosium. Congratulations!
- Synnibarr Kickstarter: Yes, I backed it. I am a horrible monster.
- Danger Club: Watch out olds, the sidekicks are kicking ass and taking names. A good comic.
- FATE Core Kickstarter: FATE is a neat RPG system and the Kickstarter for it offers crazy good rewards. Check it out!
- Hellboy in Hell: Pretty much what you would expect.
- Saga: An epic fantasy comic about a young couple, their baby, and some crazy fantasy bullshit. Read it. It’s great!
- Neocolonialism: Kickstarter for a new video game about global economics. The tagline says it all – Ruin Everything.
- Title Builder: From the Doug Benson podcast.
- Wrath of the Lamb: DLC for the Binding of Isaac.
- AMV Hell 6: Animu is funny with silly music.
- Rifftrax shorts: Find out what is more dangerous than dynamite.