Synopsis: We decided to analyze two recently written scenarios to see how the art of scenario writing has changed over the last 20 years. We took Millionaire’s Special, a Trail of Cthulhu adventure from the book Out of Space and Ghost Town an adventure from the newest Mutants and Masterminds core rulebook. By looking at the antagonists, plot structure, and tone, we figured out what works and what doesn’t. It’s a lively discussion! Tom has a letter and we have shout outs and anecdotes.
- Red Scare: a comedic horror web series set in a fallout shelter during the 1950s. Who among the survivors is a vampire?
- Shadow Bound: A silent horror web series set in a Lovecraftian 1930s setting. It’s like a game of Call of Cthulhu brought to life!
- The Smash Brothers: a 9 part documentary on the competitive Smash Brothers Melee scene. Far more fascinating than you might think.
- The Wolf Among Us: A great adventure video game based on the comic Fables.
- Stanley Parable: Just play this game.
- Eldtrich: A Lovecraftian roguelike game with Minecraft-esque graphics.
- Best of the Worst: A web series where the team from Red Letter Media reviews horrible movies.