News: Caleb and I will be at Fear the Con this year! We will both be running games and attending events there. I will be at PAX East this year, as part of Pixelscopic, showing off their new game, Delver’s Drop. (Have I mentioned I’m working on it? I totally am!) Also, check out No Security, Caleb’s new book. I’ve also released 2 new short PDFs for Base Raiders: The Hedge Wizard and Agent Grayson. Also, I’m back from China. You can check the RPPR Tumblr for photos (scroll down).
Synopsis: After reading the Angry DM’s article on the 8 types of fun, I thought it would be interesting to discuss our philosophies towards running games and what kind of fun we get out of it. We each give our own unique perspectives on the topic, including our GM bucket lists. We also have shout outs and an anecdote or two.
- Snakehead: A fascinating book about the complexities of human smuggling from China to the United States.
- True Detective: This. Fucking. Show.
- The Massive: A post-apocalyptic naval adventure and mystery. A group of environmental activists search for their missing comrades in a world falling apart.
- Black Mirror: The Twilight Zone meets the Internet and social media.
- Eco-comics: Economic analysis of superhero tropes. I’ve linked to a good post from the blog.
- Sojourn: New sci-fi anthology featuring authors like Matt Forbeck and Dan Repperger
- Shock Doctrine: A controversial expose of global politics and economics.
- Illustrated Guide to Criminal Law: Want to learn about the law? Like comics? ‘Nuff said!
- One Punch Man: This. Fucking. Manga.
- Dragonfall: An incredible campaign for Shadowrun Returns.
Song: Load Bearing Fungus by Salkovich.