Another Interview with Deborah Davitt

book-2Tom is back with another interview with Deborah Davitt, creator of the Edda Earth series.  In this next installment, we discuss the second book of the series, The Goddess Denied, in which we rejoin the Valkyrie Sigrun and her companions   We also discuss the writing process, the writing environment, and the joys of trying to self-promote a book.  This is a book series most certainly worth your time.

Liked it? Take a second to support RPPR on Patreon!

8 comments for “Another Interview with Deborah Davitt

1. Fridrik
    February 22, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Is there any way of buying the book from anyone else but Amazon?

2. February 22, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Once you publish to Amazon, you’re locked to a 90-day exclusivity agreement with them. After the ninety days are up, I’d be interested in any suggestions for alternate ebook publishing venues. 🙂

3. Fridrik
    February 23, 2015 at 3:36 am

I would like to be able to buy an ePub or a PDF version. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to publish the PDF though, to easy to copy and send to other people. Basically I like ebooks that don’t tie me down to a particular app or a particular publisher.

But who would sell that, I do not know.

4. February 23, 2015 at 8:04 am

It’s fairly easy to copy a Kindle version as well, I am told, even their copy-protected files. Which is one of the reasons I opted not to go for their DRM-enabled version (that, and I’d lose half my royalties by going that route).

I can’t see selling a PDF version out of my own storefront (*shudder* I’m not calculating VAT for the European folks or state sales taxes for the US folks. . . ), and every other ePub place that I’m aware of, like Barnes and Noble, seems to have their own app, too, like whatever lets a book be viewable on a Nook.

Again, if you have a venue that you like that’s more universal, that you buy more ebooks from, let me know where they’re at, and I’ll go look at them and see if they’ll work. 🙂

5. Fridrik
    February 23, 2015 at 9:17 am

No. Don’t have a solution, only questions. I guess I’ll have to go and give Amazon my money. Hopefully some if it will reach you 🙂

6. February 23, 2015 at 9:24 am

Thank you! If I find other venues, I will definitely let people know. 🙂

7. March 9, 2015 at 9:33 am

The past scares me tom… The past. Scares. Me.

8. Anonymous
    March 18, 2015 at 6:22 pm

As it should. Be afraid. Be very afraid.