News: Boiling Point is out! Get it on DrivethruRPG or through the Base Raiders store. Tom is attending Go Play NW and might be showing up at Fear the Con. I will not be at either con, sadly, due to work.
Synopsis: After running online games for Patreon backers, I’ve started to rethink my approach about designing scenarios, especially online games. Listen to Eclipse Phase: The Evac for an example online game. I talk through what I’m thinking about with Tom and hash out some new ideas for adventures. Tom also has a review of the movie San Andreas instead of a letter, plus shout outs and anecdotes.
- Iron Edda: In the grimdark heavy metal album cover past, there are only giant Viking robots and skeletons fighting each other.
- Kung Fury: It’s out and you should watch it.
- Flip the Table: A humorous podcast reviewing terrible board games.
- Fallen London: A browser game set in an alternate Victorian London.
- How Did This Get Made?: The episodes Deep Blue Sea, Face/Off, and The Island of Dr. Moreau are hilarious.
- Endless Legend: A science fantasy turn based strategy game.
- Mitch Murder: If you like Synthwave music, you’ll like Mitch.