News: A new companion website for our Patreon, RPPR After Hours, is now live. Find all the podcasts and other content without digging through the Patreon archives. Speaking of the Patreon, we have a new milestone: a new weekly podcast featuring campaign actual play. If we get to $1800 a month, RPPR Tabletop Tales will become a weekly free podcast for everyone!
Synopsis: Caleb, Dan, and I discuss scenario design as we workshop a scenario idea I developed after running a few different games for both the RPPR group and the Patreon. We focus on player engagement – the idea that the players have as much agency as possible in the game. We want to avoid ‘cut scenes’ and railroading, among other problems. Plus, there are shout outs and anecdotes.
- Delta Green: Need to Know – a free quick start PDF rulebook.
- Layers of Fear: An architecturally-themed horror video game. Beautiful and scary.
- Lisa: An indie video game RPG inspired by Earthbound.
- Populuxe: A history of the unique 1950s style we associate with the Fallout video game series.
- Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits: A sci-fi novel from the writer of John Dies at the End.
- Knee Deep: an adventure game about a murder mystery in Florida. Looks quite cool!
- Gurgamoth: A couch co-op game about various deities trying to kill each other.