Synopsis:Instead of being lonely murderhobos, player characters can start and lead organizations in many games. Tom, Dan, and I discuss how to run a campaign about building an organization and how it differs from a standard campaign. The degree of new game mechanics necessary to run such a game varies so it’s possible to run this style of campaign in nearly any RPG. However, picking a game that has focused mechanics may result in a more engaging game. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- Nefarious: A platforming video game about a princess-kidnapping villain.
- Zombies, Run!: a fitness/zombie survival guide! Outrun and outfight the undead.
- Don’t Call me Crazy: A BBC mini-series about teens in a mental health facility.
- 37th Parallel: A book about a UFOlogist and his quest for the truth.
- Lords of Waterdeep: Fantasy worker placement. Rule Waterdeep by manipulating adventurers.
- Joking Hazard: A comic card game from the makers of Cyanide and Happiness.
- Congresswolf: Interactive fiction about politics and werewolves.
- Letterkenny: A hilarious Canadian sitcom about small town life.
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu – It’s Pandemic but with shoggoths. Fun!