News: RPPR B-Sides Volume 4: Unknown Markets is now available! Listen to incomplete Unknown Armies and Red Markets campaigns run by Caleb and I, and many one shots for various systems! We’re also going to Origins next week. Caleb is running demos of Party Fowl (BACK IT NOW ON KICKSTARTER!) and Red Markets.
Synopsis: I recently got my print copy of Mutant Crawl Classics so I have been thinking a lot about the science fiction of the 1970s. From movies like Logan’s Run to comics like Kamandi, it is a unique era and worth examining for gaming fodder. Thad and I talk about how to use it in games and what makes it worth checking out. We also have shout outs and anecdotes!
- What Remains of Edith Finch: An excellent video game about an eccentric family.
- High Rise: A 1970s novel about rich people and tribalism.
- The Word for the World is Forest: Another 1970s sci-fi novel about colonialism and its price.
- Connor Sherlock: An indie video game developer with some cool games.
- Xcom 2 – War of the Chosen: Hella fun expansion for Xcom 2. Even better with mods, thanks to Steam Workshop.
- Some More News: A former Cracked writer’s news commentary video series.