Synopsis: Developing an idea for an abandoned superhero or villain base for my RPG Base Raiders can be difficult. Aaron, Shaun, and I discuss how to come up with interesting bases. I describe a scenario idea I have and we collectively brainstorm a base for that scenario.
In a new segment, I interview a game designer, Brie Sheldon, about their new upcoming Kickstarter, Turn, a RPG about living as a lycanthrope in a small town. It launches on October 31 and you can learn more at Brie’s website.
- Return of the Obra Dinn: a new mystery video game from the creator of Papers, Please.
- Cells at Work: An edutainment anime and manga series about the cells in your body.
- Burglar’s Guide to the City: An excellent book about the intersection of crime and architecture.
- Men of the West: A Youtube channel dedicated to Lord of the Rings analysis.
- Return to the 36th Chamber: A great Shaw Brothers kung fu movie.
- Kokkoku: Moment by Moment – a horror manga series about cults and time manipulation.
Song: Discoveries by Mezzaluna