Many listeners have asked me for advice on running their first game. After the most recent question, I realized we didn’t have an episode explicitly focused on this topic. Special guest Kory Bing, Tom, and I discuss how to prepare for your first game, from session zero, to the social contract, and designing your first adventure. We also talk about Kory’s comic, Skin Deep, and its rich lore.
- Skin Deep: A webcomic about supernatural beings living in human society
- Sea Salt: Control Dagon’s monster horde to punish the villagers
- Kory Bing’s store: Get enamel pins and other merch
- Satanic Panic: a book about the 1980s moral panic over fears of secret Satanic cults
- Ramen Heads: A documentary about ramen chefs and styles in Japan
- Evil Bank Manager: A game about banking