News: We are working on a new podcast called Night Clerk Radio, where we review vaporwave, dark ambient, and other haunted genres of music. Our website is live with a trailer. We plan to launch soon!
Synopsis: Skills in RPGs are an important element but many games don’t get them right. Many games have too many skills while others have no skills at all. Caleb and I talk about good and bad skill systems in RPGs and how it has changed over the years. Caleb also brings up real life skills, like rhetoric, versus their in-game equivalents.
- Red Thread: A book about mazes and labyrinths. Excellent if meandering.
- The Testaments: A sequel to the Handmaid’s Tale
- Pagan Autogeny: An indie video game about exploring a dead MMO.
- Oblivion Song: A comic about rescuing people from alien hellscapes
- Japanese Video Game Obscurities: A book about weird video games
- How To: The XKCD creator explains how to do various tasks
- Medical Police: A sequel series to Children’s Hospital. Very funny!