News: The RPPR Patreon just finished a six part podcast series on the mega dungeon Castle Greyhawk. It’s a very funny and weird module and we had a lot of reviewing combing through it. Patrons at the $10 level and higher can get one on one RPG design/advice consultations in May and June. If you want Ross to look at your project, here’s your chance! We are also offering remastered actual play episodes of some classic episodes, like Somewhere Lane. Back the Patreon today to get all of these rewards and more!
Synopsis: Outcasts are a common theme in many RPGs, but how do you handle them, both as a player and as a GM? Tom and I talk about the various flavors of outcasts, from cosmetic back story to immersive games about being an outcast. We talk about outcasts in D&D, Mutants in the Now, and Vampire, among other game settings.
- Mutants in the Next: A supplement for Mutants in the Now,Kickstarting now!
- The Devil’s Candy: A brilliant book on the film making process. Find out how the flop, Bonfire of the Vanities, was made. Watch this video essay for one fascinating anecdote from the book.
- This Grand Life: A Life simulator video game. Tom approves!
- Weird Tales of a Bangalorean: A compilation of weird short stories set in Bangalore, India.
- How to Drink: A Youtube channel about making cocktails and mixed alcoholic drinks.
- Infernax: A retro side scrolling Metroidvania. Very fun and on Gamepass.
- Castlevania 2 Redacted: A fan remake of Castlevania 2 for the NES.
- Trek to Yomi: A black and white side scrolling samurai themed action video game.
- Atun-Shei Films: A Youtube channel about history and movies.
- Our Flag Means Death: A comedy show about pirates. Hilarious!
- The Sadness: An incredibly gory Taiwanese zombie movie inspired by the comic series Crossed.
Song: Outcast by AMITWOutcasts are a common theme in many RPGs, but how do you handle them, both as a player and as a GM? Tom and I talk about the various flavors of outcasts, from cosmetic back story to immersive games about being an outcast.