This is another panel I recorded at Comicpalooza this year, featuring Dave Martin from the Wrecking Crew, Ross Watson, and Lenny Balsera from Evil Hat. They talk about designing memorable and effective villains for your game. Enjoy!
News: Boiling Point is out! Get it on DrivethruRPG or through the Base Raiders store. Tom is attending Go Play NW and might be showing up at Fear the Con. I will not be at either con, sadly, due to work.
Synopsis: After running online games for Patreon backers, I’ve started to rethink my approach about designing scenarios, especially online games. Listen to Eclipse Phase: The Evac for an example online game. I talk through what I’m thinking about with Tom and hash out some new ideas for adventures. Tom also has a review of the movie San Andreas instead of a letter, plus shout outs and anecdotes.
- Iron Edda: In the grimdark heavy metal album cover past, there are only giant Viking robots and skeletons fighting each other.
- Kung Fury: It’s out and you should watch it.
- Flip the Table: A humorous podcast reviewing terrible board games.
- Fallen London: A browser game set in an alternate Victorian London.
- How Did This Get Made?: The episodes Deep Blue Sea, Face/Off, and The Island of Dr. Moreau are hilarious.
- Endless Legend: A science fantasy turn based strategy game.
- Mitch Murder: If you like Synthwave music, you’ll like Mitch.