Last year, I briefly worked on a film called the Weight. I worked under Darrell Claunch, a local artist and graphic designer. He’s worked in video games and in Hollywood as a compositor on giant films like Iron Man. After talking to him on our trips to and from the movie set, I thought this might be an interesting podcast for RPPR, so here we are. We even talk about how the office politics of film studios could be used as fodder for RPGs. Enjoy! Be sure to check out Darrell’s blog and Twitter as well.
News: Death Traps: Volume 1 is out for Base Raiders! This supplement was co-written by Caleb, so be sure to check it out. Buy it on DrivethruRPG or at the Base Raiders store. Check out the free artwork produced via the RPPR Patreon.
Synopsis: Covering mature or sensitive topics in games is a challenge. Messing up can alienate players and result in a bad game. Dan, Tom, Aaron, and I discuss how we would approach these issues in a game. Shaun also comes in to bring a bit of historical context in gaming by talking about how major publisher White Wolf used the Black Dog Studios imprint. We also have shout outs and anecdotes.
- Showa 1939-1944: A manga history of Japan and autobiography of Shigeru Mizuki. Excellent read and insight into Japan.
- Yamamoto: A Japanese film about the war in the Pacific during WW2.
- Final Fantasy 14: Dan and Aaron play it. Join their free company. Details here.
- Radioactive Dreams: A proto-Fallout film that mixes 80s New Wave with 1940s hardboiled.
- One Punch Man: The perfect adaptation of the perfect manga.
- Seven Deadly Sins: A fantasy anime reinterpretation of King Arthur’s legend.
- Monster Factory – Fallout 4: A hilarious comedic Let’s Play of Fallout 4.
- Bloodsucking Bastards: A horror comedy about vampires in the workplace. Very funny.
Only a short time after picking up the game from Drivethru RPG, Tom Church interviews Pierce Fraser, the writer and creator of HC SVNT DRACONES. Find out all about this unique RPG, as well as the process that went in to making it. And also get a short glimpse into the 4 part campaign being run for the RPPR crew in this game universe!