Strike! is a new RPG Kickstarter that simplifies tactical combat from 4E Dungeons and Dragons with new game mechanics and genre mixing. Tom interviewed the game’s designer, Jim McGarva, to explain what Strike! is all about and what people will get from Kickstarting it. This is a shorter interview, but if you’ve been curious about Strike! check this interview out.
Role Playing Public Radio is now on Patreon! Instead of just asking for contributions and keeping the status quo, we are going to up our game by creating a brand new podcast series for our patrons. RPPR After Hours is a comedic roundtable where we talk about pop culture and obscure tabletop gaming products. To give you a taste, I’ve added part 1 of our first episode to the main podcast feed. We talk about Death Valley Free Prison, a vintage 1980s rpg supplement if there ever was one, the Oscars, and Destiny, the video game.If you enjoy it, you should become a backer in order to hear the rest of the episode.
Please note that we will continue to release the main podcast and AP episodes for FREE for the foreseeable future. Only bonus content created exclusively for Patreon will be locked behind the paywall.
News: RPPR B-Sides Volume 2 is now available! Get 24 actual play episodes and help support RPPR. This volume has playtests, con games, and more! In other news, Boiling Point is still being worked on as is the Sparkles supplement for Base Raiders. Also, Gen Con 2015 event submission has opened up. Contact Arc Dream if you want to run games and get a free badge and product.
Synopsis: The Final Revelation is the shortest complete campaign we’ve run at RPPR, but its complexity and depth merits a good post mortem discussion. Caleb, Aaron, and I discuss our experiences playing and running the game, purism vs pulp in cthulhu mythos gaming, player agency in RPG design, and other related topics. Tom wasn’t able to make this episode so no letter but we do have shout outs and a very special anecdote about shark fighting.
- Escape Goat 2: A great puzzle game about a magical goat and his mouse BFF.
- Silver Screen Fiend: A new book from Patton Oswalt about his addiction to cinema.
- Bad Robots: A UK prank show themed around malfunctioning technology.
- Concrete Grove: Not quite a solid recommendation, but I read the entire book for what that’s worth.
- Adult Swim Infomercials: JOIN THE ANTI-HAROLD TASK FORCE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
- Whiplash: A film about jazz, abuse, and obsession.
- Tokyo Ghoul: an anime about the occult, cannibalism, and milquetoast student protagonists. Breaking new ground in anime tropes!
- Touch of Cloth: A hilarious cop show parody similar to Police Squad, but way, way dirtier.