The Water Barons (I.E. our intrepid heroes) face many new threats and dangers this session. The thieves guild has its own designs on the New World. A rival adventuring company becomes popular in the colony. The grippli must gain legal protection so they won’t be enslaved by the slave trader Axgore. Find out how Tom, Cody and Jason deal with these threats and more!
The worst pain you can feel when running a game comes from min/maxing players, the jerks who love nothing more to make unstoppable killing machines that defy the laws of man, god, common sense, physics and the damn game itself. So, how do you deal with these min/maxers? We provide a few ways to dish out the pain or rather ways to sensibly negotiate and make reasonable compromises with the player…in hell.Tom has a slightly less disturbing letter this time and of course the New World ransom is still underway! Please contribute. There’s only 10 days left.
- Gun Show: A new daily comic by KC Green
- Xombie: An animated zombie action horror DVD
- The Objective: Horror movie about special forces in Afghanistan investigating a mysterious region. Great fodder for modern horror rpgs.
- Bad For You: A George Carlin comedy special
- Van Richten’s Guide to the Lich: Great Ravenloft supplement describing the lich. Useful for any edition of D&D as it is mostly flavor text.
- Found Footage Festival: Hilarious and insane compilations of public access shows, commercials, exercise videos and more.
Favorite Forum Threads: Some highlights from the RPPR forums
- Tom in the DBZ game: A discussion about Tom’s letter in the last episode.
- Introduction: Meet some of the RPPR fans and introduce yourself to the forums.
- A study in the logic of gaming: Player logic is quite funny to say the least.
In this session, the players continue their struggles against the goblins massing in the New World. Theolonius the merchant lord tries to manipulate the players but will it pay off? How will Cody’s romantic exploits be used against him? Will the grippli be rescued? Find out in session 5!
If you enjoy the New World Campaign, please consider contributing a few bucks to the New World Campaign Primer Ransom. If the collection goal is met, I will write and publish a free PDF primer of the New World Campaign on the RPPR website, with a new adventure, 5 new feats, 5 new monsters and more!