We met a lot of fans of RPPR at this year’s meetup and here’s the recording! We talk a little about RPPR, answer questions, have some trivia contests for listeners, and of course dissect an…interesting RPG, Maid. Enjoy!
Synopsis: Gen Con is nearly here! It is the 50th year of the con and RPPR’s 10th year of existence! A lot of the RPPR cast will be at Gen Con this year to celebrate. Here are the official RPPR events:
- Delta Green: Observer Effect – I am running this for Arc Dream. It is full, but someone may not show up on time, so swing by to see if there is an opening.
- RPPR Live! Our big event for the year. Meet the cast, ask questions about the podcast, and a lot more!
- Game Designer Panel: I will talk about my progress on Ruin and several other game designers will be there to answer questions.
Plus we will be attending the Delta Green panel run by Arc Dream. Many of us will be running unofficial games for RPPR fans as well.
If you want to coordinate and meet up with other RPPR fans at Gen Con, read this thread on the RPPR forums to find out what social media to check.
Shout out to Pathfinder Adventurer’s Guide, which I recently received as a review copy. It looks cool from an initial glance and I will have a full review in a future episode.
News: Reminder that we have a Patreon! Be sure to check out our bonus content via RPPR After Hours. Red Markets is now available to preorder via Backer Kit. We will be recording an episode of RPPR live at Gen Con 50! Check here for details.
Synopsis: After seeing Spiderman: Homecoming, we had to discuss the morality behind the movie’s antagonist, the Vulture. After all, he’s essentially a base raider, so I felt obligated to discuss some of the themes with Aaron, Caleb, and Tom. We also discussed the morality of the superhero genre in general. Plus, anecdotes and shout outs!
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: a beautiful puzzle game with Lovecraftian themes. Short but worth playing.
- Kamen Rider Amazons: It’s Kamen Rider but with sneaky spy stuff apparently.
- Ichi-F: A manga about working the cleanup at Fukushima Nuclear Plant.
- A Dark Song: A truly fucked up horror movie about sorcery.
- Oats Studio – Zygote: A sci-fi horror short by Neil Blomkamp. Incredible monster design and very tense.
- Banished: A medieval town simulator game. It turns out life was hard in the middle ages.
- Scarecrow Video: A world class video rental store with an unmatched collection. If you live in Seattle, check it out!
- Chicano Batman: A cool soul band with a great name
- Deadly Tower of Monsters: A fun video game about a 1950s sci-fi B-movie.
- Super Hot VR: It’s Super Hot and it’s in VR!
- Awful Fantasy the Card Game: It’s like that Twitter but in card game form!
- Seventh Curse: Basically a pulp Cthulhu movie in 1980s HK cinematic style.